control range

Reaction score
i need to get more control range, i dont really need to go any higher just further. where i live has tall trees (south Georgia) im getting about 1/4 mile now ... any suggestions

Mod your transmitter with a external rp-sma connector, then get a 12dBi our 14dBi directional patch antenna. This should give you a decent boost. If you need more, grab an amplifier on eBay and put it in between the tx and antenna.

With an amplifier, you should be able to get ~2 miles or so.. There are lots of videos on YouTube for how to do these mods.

LK

Going such a distance you would need to watch the battery usage and with very tall trees you might very soon lose line of sight surely?

vortigern said:
Going such a distance you would need to watch the battery usage and with very tall trees you might very soon lose line of sight surely?

Oh ya.. the first step in my flight is always to go above the highest obstacles in my area.. And you'll certainly loose line of sight visibility if you're going 2 miles out. Gotta rely on FPV at that point (which would require amplifying the FPV wireless).. or possibly extra spotters via phone / two-way radio..

LK

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik