Control range of P2?

Hi Harry,
I put a 90 degree adapter on mine so the antenna points straight down and it also protrudes below the skids so I never get break up of the signal caused by it's orientation in relation to the gimbal. I use two blocks of wood to take off from, (this keeps the antenna off the ground) and I hand catch.
Cheers
Bob

taxino8 said:
Hi Harry,
I put a 90 degree adapter on mine so the antenna points straight down and it also protrudes below the skids so I never get break up of the signal caused by it's orientation in relation to the gimbal. I use two blocks of wood to take off from, (this keeps the antenna off the ground) and I hand catch.
Cheers
Bob

That's a good idea. Any idea who sells such adapters, please?

HarryT said:
taxino8 said:
Hi Harry,
Cheers
Bob

That's a good idea. Any idea who sells such adapters, please?

Try Fast Lads or First Person View, both U.K. and both give great service. Just make sure you order the correct type as there are SMA or RP-SMA. Either of the above will advise you if you give them a call.
Bob

taxino8 said:
Hi Harry,
Cheers
Bob
It does not necessarily need to be below the skids, mine is level with the bottom of the skids in fact it slightly touches my plastic sheet launch pad but its well encased so no worries about damage. As Phantom is above you and the signal radiates outwards and downwards there is no breakup of signal on a turn. I once had very slight degradation on a turn in strong winds but was because the craft was leaning into the wind and the antenna was slightly higher because of the angle. This was only once and I was taking a risk flying in that strong a wind. Part of the learning curve!

Horizons will supply an extra long flexable tail so no need for an extension or right angle adapter. They do it the right length as it does matter they tell me.

"I have mine out the side and level with the skid."

Same here, it seems to just work, thx for an interesting thread.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20