Continuous red flashing light VOL-LOW(4) Error?!

Reaction score
Hi guys, I need your help... This afternoon I powered up my phantom, waited for the light sequence to begin, and right after the first set of green lights I'm getting a continuing rapid red light. Same as when the battery is low. I have 6 new batteries, all fully charged and this happens with all 6.

When I connect to assistant, it gives me a low voltages error (VOL-LOW(4) even though battery reads 12.4V. Nothing I do fixes this. In fact I once even got a PMU-ERR message too.... The phantom flew perfectly yesterday. I can't figure it out.

Any idea what might be wrong?

Any help would be appreciated!

My setup is:
Phantom 1 with upgrade board, Zenmuse gimbal, fatshark 250mw Vtx. Using original phantom batteries.

Re: Continuous res flashing light VOL-LOW(4) Error?!

Davis476 said:
When I connect to assistant, it gives me a low voltages error (VOL-LOW(4) even though battery reads 12.4V. Nothing I do fixes this. In fact I once even got a PMU-ERR message too

Are you saying the Assistant software shows the voltage at 12.4V, or that's what the battery read before you connected it?

Check the "smart contacts" inside your Phantom - sounds like one or both small bottom contacts aren't mating to battery(s)

EMCSQUAR said:
Check the "smart contacts" inside your Phantom - sounds like one or both small bottom contacts aren't mating to battery(s)

Thanks, I'll give it a try... Are the smart contacts the black connectors that connect to the NAZA? Or am i looking for something else?

EMCSQUAR said:

Thanks, I'll give it a try... Are the smart contacts the black connectors that connect to the NAZA? Or am i looking for something else?

OI Photography said:
Davis476 said:
When I connect to assistant, it gives me a low voltages error (VOL-LOW(4) even though battery reads 12.4V. Nothing I do fixes this. In fact I once even got a PMU-ERR message too

Are you saying the Assistant software shows the voltage at 12.4V, or that's what the battery read before you connected it?

Both. The battery measures 12.4 on a tester and the assistant also reports a similar voltage...

Well, I opened her up and re-secured all the connections to the NAZA. Seemed to have solved the problem for now.

Re: Continuous red flashing light VOL-LOW(4) Error?! (SOLVED

Well. My solution didn't last.... I still get the Red blinking low voltage lights.Upon further investigation I found tha one of the solder joints broke loose on the main board connector that goes in X3 which delivers voltage data. I stripped the white rubbery glue and desoldered the 3 small wires, covered it with hot glue and it seems to work fine now. I'll try flying later today...

Has anyone had the same thing happen to them?

Final Diagnosis of this issue.

Looks like the back plug of the USB cable going from the LED module over the upgrade board the battery compartment pushes against the wire harness that goes into port X3 on the NAZA. if the USB cable is tugged on over time it will rub against the glue on the solder joints and cause a disconnect resulting in a bad voltage reading giving a VOL-LOW(4) error.

To solve this I peeled off the rubber glue from the solder joint, and re-soldered the 3 wires, then put a dab of plastic hot glue on.

Hope this helps anyone with this problem.

Good job, and thanks for sharing the results. I don't know if I've seen that one before.

One of the first things I did with my Phantom was replace the stock grey USB cable with a rounded one that I routed a lot better than the original one was.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31