Contest to win a new DJI Mavic (ONLY 10 DAYS TO GO!!)

Reaction score
Contest: Win a brand new DJI Mavic !

ONLY 10 days left people !!!

It's now or never. Here is your chance to win a DJI Mavic Pro. The best video of the month will be awarded with the prize.

3 judges are on the panel.

1- Patrice Gaucher : Myself, CEO of Aerial Entertainment Studios
2- Ronny Brouwers: CEO of DroneHeroes
3- Christian Cuvelier: CEO of LiveClick in Reunion Island.

May the best person win!

Details of the contest below.

To celebrate the launch of the new AES platform, we are organising a contest for our first ever 'Video of the Month'.

The winner of the contest will receive the brand new DJI Mavic (or equivalent monetary value)

Rules are the following:
- Contest period is from October 17 to November 30, 2016
- Video must showcase aerial footage ONLY (any video that includes non aerial footage will not be considered for the contest)
- Footage MUST be in 4K resolution at the minimum
- Video must be below 3 minutes in duration
- Participants must be registered sellers on Aerial Entertainment Studios (to setup your account, please visit Sell your footage)
- Videos must pass our curating process and be showcased on the AES website (videos that are rejected during the curating process will not be eligible)
- Videos must be submitted from Vimeo or YouTube

The process

- 3 judges are deciding of the final winner.
- Videos will be reviewed and a shortlist of 10 finalists will be made.
- Shortlist will be communicated publicly and the judges will decide on the winner.
- The winner can select to receive the DJI Mavic or the equivalent value in USD.

For any more information, please do not hesitate to communicate with us.

Good luck to all.

Cheers

Patrice Gaucher LL.B.
CEO, Aerial Entertainment Studios
Hong Kong

Last edited:
Reactions: DroneDisaster
When you say "non-aerial", do you mean to indicate footage must be shot from a specific distance above ground? Or that the footage must be captured using an aerial platform, with distance above ground being inconsequential?

Reactions: y2keable
When you say "non-aerial", do you mean to indicate footage must be shot from a specific distance above ground? Or that the footage must be captured using an aerial platform, with distance above ground being inconsequential?
All shots must be taken with an aerial platform. Altitude is not relevant. What we dont want is footage captured with a regular camera from the ground. Cheers.

What are you really looking in videos? Beauty, skill? Content?....
Format? ...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

They want your email and contact info and you will get...
The winner of the contest will receive the brand new DJI Mavic (or equivalent monetary value)
My guess is a blow up pinkie pie pony with a jet fan.. SMH,,,

- Participants must be registered sellers on Aerial Entertainment Studios (to setup your account, please visit Sell your footage)
- Videos must pass our curating process and be showcased on the AES website (videos that are rejected during the curating process will not be eligible) <- this means once they have your info you will be curated and disqualified. This is where the paid sales team comes in to debunk my truth in facts.

I can gold plate a turd and stamp DJI Mavic on it and it would be legit.. Just give them your email so they can make a buck. It's like dropping a dime in the panhandlers cup. I did that back when I got back from Desert Storm, average $ 6-9 20's an hour. Made about $100-150 bucks an hour standing on the corner. 12 hours a day 6 days a week for 6 months. It got me a PHD...

PS: Hong Kong? Can you even take them to court? If you answer yes you might want to let Nike,Rolex and all the others know who they cloned and ripped off.

Last edited by a moderator:
They want your email and contact info and you will get...
My guess is a blow up pinkie pie pony with a jet fan.. SMH,,,

- Videos must pass our curating process and be showcased on the AES website (videos that are rejected during the curating process will not be eligible) <- this means once they have your info you will be curated and disqualified. This is where the paid sales team comes in to debunk my truth in facts.

I can gold plate a turd and stamp DJI Mavic on it and it would be legit.. Just give them your email so they can make a buck. It's like dropping a dime in the panhandlers cup. I did that back when I got back from Desert Storm, average $ 6-9 20's an hour. Made about $100-150 bucks an hour standing on the corner. 12 hours a day 6 days a week for 6 months. It got me a PHD...

PS: Hong Kong? Can you even take them to court? If you answer yes you might want to let Nike,Rolex and all the others know who they cloned and ripped off.
What in the world are you talking about? I see you have not been a member here for very long while I have been an active member for more than 2 years. I am from Canada but now live in Hong Kong hence our company is based here now.

My public profile is very transparent and if you search for me on Google (Patrice Gaucher), you will see that I am an executive at a large financial company covering the Asian territory. As a result, I would never risk my professional reputation by acting in any shady way.

Please before commenting in this matter, get the appropriate information on people.

The contest is obviously to boost the re-launch of our platform which was designed for aerial cinematographers to showcase and sell their work to customers globally. We focus on exotic content of the world's most beautiful destinations. If you take 2 seconds to actually visit the site, you will see that we showcase work from reputable photographers, some of which are Nat Geo people.

Cheers

Patrice

What are you really looking in videos? Beauty, skill? Content?....
Format? ...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Thanks for your note. It's actually a mix of all those components. We focus on exotic content so anything that would not fit the profile would be rejected. In fact, we received about 30 submissions since last night and rejected 29 of them for a variety of reasons, some of which are:

- Content is not in line with the type of products we offer to customers.
- Editing job is poorly done
- Jerky camera movements

We are a premium supplier of exotic aerial footage and our pricing point is in the higher range. As a result, we must focus on content quality. This is ensured through our curating process where each clip, picture, video production is reviewed one at a time.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Patrice

How do you enter?
Hi there,

Once you have your account on our platform, all content you send for approval will be considered and then only the approved content will be eligible for the prize. To sign-up, just go to our site at the link in the signature below.

Cheers

Patrice

Hi everyone,

just providing a bit of advice for people uploading videos for the contest. Given we operate in the upper premium product range, we are extremely picky in terms of quality of content we approve for showcasing on the site.

We received 30 video uploads since yesterday night, but rejected 29 of them because they did not fit minimum quality standards.

AES focuses on displaying the beauty of the planet. Keep that in mind when you select or produce your video for the contest.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to communicate with me.

Cheers

Hi everyone,

just providing a bit of advice for people uploading videos for the contest. Given we operate in the upper premium product range, we are extremely picky in terms of quality of content we approve for showcasing on the site.

We received 30 video uploads since yesterday night, but rejected 29 of them because they did not fit minimum quality standards.

AES focuses on displaying the beauty of the planet. Keep that in mind when you select or produce your video for the contest.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to communicate with me.

Cheers

You want me to allow you to manage my You Tube channel??? When I want to upload a video, I don't think so. Is their a way for me to email you a link to my video(s)

Last edited:
You want me to allow you to manage my You Tube channel??? When I want to upload a video, I don't think so. Is their a way for me to email you a link to my video(s)
We use the same standard approval methods as on Skypixel. I couldn't care less how you manage your YouTube or Vimeo accounts :) All we want is to make sure the people submitting the videos are actually the people who own the content. We therefore need to validate the authenticity of the account holders. Standard procedure in fact. Otherwise, anyone could post content from any YouTube video which doesn't make sense.

If you prefer, you can submit from your Hard Drive a 720p version and that would work as well, without the need to go through YT or Vimeo. Either way is fine.

What I'm not clear about is what happens to the video that is submitted, accepted and does not win? What happens to the winning video? You ask people to go to a "sellers" link so it appears that we are "selling" you the video? When I click on the TOS for this "seller" account it only refers to _buying_ video:

- Purchases on Aerial Entertainment Studios grant you a single usage license of the footage. You can do whatever you want with the footage, but only once.

- You are not authorised to copy, duplicate, distribute, transfer, exchange, give away, use again, or do anything that would go against the fundamental principle that you are purchasing a single usage license.

(you may also want to spell check your TOS)

It seems to me that we are setting up a "sellers" account and submitting videos to you so that you can sell them (70% to the creator and 30% to you) and that this applies to _all_ videos submitted. It appears that any videos submitted within the time frame mentioned above would also be considered an entry to win a Mavic. No?

What I'm not clear about is what happens to the video that is submitted, accepted and does not win? What happens to the winning video? You ask people to go to a "sellers" link so it appears that we are "selling" you the video? When I click on the TOS for this "seller" account it only refers to _buying_ video:

- Purchases on Aerial Entertainment Studios grant you a single usage license of the footage. You can do whatever you want with the footage, but only once.

- You are not authorised to copy, duplicate, distribute, transfer, exchange, give away, use again, or do anything that would go against the fundamental principle that you are purchasing a single usage license.

(you may also want to spell check your TOS)

It seems to me that we are setting up a "sellers" account and submitting videos to you so that you can sell them (70% to the creator and 30% to you) and that this applies to _all_ videos submitted. It appears that any videos submitted within the time frame mentioned above would also be considered an entry to win a Mavic. No?

Allow me to clarify.

Yes you are setting up as sellers.

We are a stock footage platform that allows content creators to showcase and sell their work. No hiding about that. Our company is focused on the commercial aspect of aerial footage. We want to showcase your footage so you can sell it. Plain and simple.

We allow people to sell 3 types of products:

1) Individual stock segments: single sequences, no music, colour graded.

2) Photography: Self explanatory

3) Video productions: Fully produced videos with editing, music, etc. (the musical content is not sold with the productions, only the video content)

The contest applies for #3 only.

The default assumption is that people who sign-up are interested in selling their content to our customer base. We sell footage to production houses and TV studios globally. We focus only on the exotic aspect of aerial footage ... things that display the beauty of the planet.

So, to make this very clear, if you are interested in selling some footage (not to us, but to potential customers) then we offer the window to the world to make that happen. Naturally, we take a cut on the sale price as would be expected given we provide the infrastructure.

In terms of the actual selling, we are introducing a host of never before seen features for customers and content creators.

1) Content creators determine the price of their content, and can add/remove content whenever they want.

2) Customers can 'Make an offer' that suits their needs. Not all customers are prepared to pay $500-$1000 USD for a 10 second segment because their project does not justify it. We now allow customers to make offers on products. The seller can decide to accept or not that offer.

3) We allow for non-financial compensation to be paid. Clients can pay in travel vouchers, hotel loyalty points, airline miles, etc. Given a number of our customers are in the hospitality industry, this is a win-win for everyone. This is completely unheard of in the imagery industry and we are introducing this for people who don't necessarily want to 'sell' their content, but would be very happy to travel the world with their drone to capture more stunning images. Some groundbreaking stuff.

Regarding your question about what happens to the footage that is accepted/rejected, it's very simple. What is rejected simply gets deleted as if it was never there. If the content is accepted, it is ranked by the curator who assigns a star rating based on various aspects. The seller can then decide to change the price (up or down) remove the product, etc. Total flexibility for artists.

Hopefully this provides more context.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Cheers

Patrice

We use the same standard approval methods as on Skypixel. I couldn't care less how you manage your YouTube or Vimeo accounts :) All we want is to make sure the people submitting the videos are actually the people who own the content. We therefore need to validate the authenticity of the account holders. Standard procedure in fact. Otherwise, anyone could post content from any YouTube video which doesn't make sense.

If you prefer, you can submit from your Hard Drive a 720p version and that would work as well, without the need to go through YT or Vimeo. Either way is fine.

Thanks, I tried that and the limit is 30mg, a little small for a 3 minute file. I'll do YT

Thanks, I tried that and the limit is 30mg, a little small for a 3 minute file. I'll do YT
Yes, that limit is really more for stock segments. Better to use YT or Vimeo for the full video productions.

Cheers

Patrice

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31