Contacted DJI about purchasing Inspire RC

Reaction score
So after reading all the different posts about range problems or how to improve range, I was looking into the possibility of purchasing the Inspire RC and linking it with my P4 as it is reported to have more power. I was also told to get the GL658C model as opposed to the GL658A and GL658B.

So I emailed DJI and wanted to confirm which model # I would receive if I ordered the RC from their online store. Their reply was "As far as we know there is only one model number for the RC". Really? I then asked even though I already knew the answer, "Can you pair the Inspire RC to the P4?". Their response "It is not recommended".

I later called the tech support and got completely different responses. I find that interesting and very disappointing.

yep dji has heads up there butt

I have the P4 working with Inspire C (most powerful RC) with no problems.
Look on eBay for Inspire RC, I got mine for a good deal off eBay.

GL658C | eBay

No, the P4 RC still has 0.303W output and Inspire C RC has 0.78W output.
So if all the power is the same in all the radios now, what is it?

I believe John Locke tested both RC's back to back over the exact same course and there was a noticeable improvement with the Inspire RC.

Purchasing an Inspire remote from DJI is approximately $600. Add that to the original cost of your P4 and you're at the price of a new Inspire 1 V2.

sell the p4 and just get a inspire

Reactions: IslandDave
you should can never have enough

I believe John Locke tested both RC's back to back over the exact same course and there was a noticeable improvement with the Inspire RC.
My measurements of the GL658A showed about a 50% increase in power of the Inspire over my P4 RC. In actual use, I'm very happy with the performance. It mimics also identical distance and signal integrity as my P3P with GL300A RC which I've had almost a year without over a million feet of flight. I would be very interested in measuring a GL658C in the same way I measured these other RCs to see how they compare. If anyone in So. Calif (Orange County area) has a GL658C, lets meet up.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl