Constantly beeping

Reaction score
Recent had a small crash and now one propeller will not start, and also a constant beeping. All three other propellers start up fine.

Recent had a small crash and now one propeller will not start, and also a constant beeping. All three other propellers start up fine.
Hello Ernest,
Sorry bout your misfortune! BUMMER!

Can you let us know a little more, sounds like you possibly toasted a speed control? Also depending on how hard you crashed, and what you crashed into, might be a good idea to open her up, check for damage ( especially your GPS unit under the top casing of phantom, it has a CERAMIC antenna, and can crack EASILY! )

Also the beeping, is it a constant beep beep beep beep? And is it only coming from the one speed control?
You might have a jammed motor, or debris, or bent shaft?

If you can tell us exactly what it is doing upon startup. Lights , sounds, ect.

Also try spinning motor in question, does it spin freely 360 degrees? If not, take apart motor inspect for debris or damage. They are aluminum, and can damage if hit right!

Let us know thanks

J Dot
:cool:

Reactions: dirkclod
J Dot,

Thanks for your reply, yes I unfortunately ran into the side of a tree (about 15 foot fall). Everything looked fine at first. I went to start it back up and when starting it, it starts to Beep, Beep, Beep continuing on the side where the propeller won't start up. It does have yellow lights blinking along with the beeping.

I'm going to open the drone up and see if internal damage exist. I will post info once I get it opened. Thanks again.

Ernest

Can you let us know a little more, sounds like you possibly toasted a speed control? Also depending on how hard you crashed, and what you crashed into, might be a good idea to open her up, check for damage ( especially your GPS unit under the top casing of phantom, it has a CERAMIC antenna, and can crack EASILY! )

Also the beeping, is it a constant beep beep beep beep? And is it only coming from the one speed control?

Also try spinning motor in question, does it spin freely 360 degrees?

J Dot
:cool:[/QUOTE]
Hello Ernest,

Also try spinning motor in question, does it spin freely 360 degrees? If not, take apart motor inspect for debris or damage. They are aluminum, and can damage if hit right!

Let us know thanks

J Dot
:cool:

You might just have a plug inside that has come loose, I has a constant bleeping after I put a plug into the wrong socket. Have you connected it to the computer? you might get an error message there, anyway, it's not too difficult to open it up, just make sure to only undo the screws which you need to....i.e. not the 4 prop screws. You just need to 1. take off the props, then one each arm undo the tiny phillips screws at the very end, and then the next 2 small bolts in - these are the 2 recessed ones, not any of the 4 which hold the motor on. Then there is just one more, the one deeply recessed behind the lights cover.....thats it, just lift the lid up a little and see the cable coming down from the gps on the top part of the shell. Unplug it. the lift the full top half of the shell and your able to see all the inside...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers