Constant vibration.

Reaction score
My phantom 2 has been vibrating off and on, but mostly on, for a long time now. It's bad enough to the point where most footage has to be stabalized in post, in order to be acceptable. It seemed to have started right around the first time I put the Hero 4 on the gimbal a couple months ago. I've done multiple calibrations, basic and advanced. I really have no idea what it could be or how to correct it. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks!

Damaged or unbalanced rotors?

Try lowering gains in the Assistant software. Search this forum for "gains" and "jello" and I think you'll find a wealth of experience worth leveraging.

Kelly

joeflyer said:
Balance your props!
hear hear!
I have the same issue with vibration, but I haven't got the right bits to do the balancing yet. I may just have to rig something up.
It's easy to find balancers for props that don't have caps, but not so easy to find for the Phantom 2 props.
This is the one I want:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... ndolls-20/

My props are balanced, so it's not that. I lowered all my gains by 20% and it appeared to be quite a bit better. I'm going to try lowering them a little more when I get a chance and hopefully that will clean it all the way up. Thanks for all the suggestions.

FWIW, I ignored the prudent suggestion of lowering gains slowly, and just took one big jump down to 100%, and it made a dramatic difference. If you have the time to go slowly, do so, if you don't, don't.

Kelly

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.