Constant object warnings and nothing there

Reaction score
Went for a flight today. It was windy but the bird was in open sky. The OA radar kept beeping like crazy and was warning me of a nearby object. There wasn't really anything immediately obvious. There were a few trees but I was about 100m high.
How high is the OA set to work from? It was the front radar that was going crazy.

I have had the same kind of thing come up randomly too inkytog! Like I have been up 200 ft and it show a bar at bottom and I know that Im way above anything.

Hmm there was sunshine hitting the lens.

Scared the crap out of me tho. Thought it was something about to hit the quad.

The mavic pro does this at well. **** near took a **** when I was 300' up and my controller started screaming at me. Sun was low in the sky, and I was flying right into it. As soon as I yawed away slightly to cut down glare I was all good

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using PhantomPilots mobile app

Just wanted to say I've encountered the problem many times as well with my P4P, and it is usually pretty bright outside and high above away from any objects. You are not alone, so hopefully this gets addressed in an up[coming FW update?

I just turn all OA off. And by using Litchi, get rid of wind warnings also. I think that there can be to many distractions on screen for efficient, safe flying.

Reactions: Mr_Orion
I just had this yesterday and now that I think of it I was flying generally towards the Sun. You'd think they could discriminate the Sun from other things.

Brian

Add me to this list. Late yesterday afternoon, I was using RTH to bring the P4P home from about 1500' away, at 390' altitude, when the OA started going crazy and the P4P stopped. Well above any obstacle - some trees about 100' high. I canceled RTH and tried to fly manually, but it just hovered there. Then I descended to about 150' and flew it home with no more incident. After reading this thread, I realize I was flying toward the setting sun at the time.
I tried to repeat it this morning with the rising sun. OA beeped once or twice, but not near as dramatic as yesterday.

Happens sometimes when flying more aggressively and the skids shows up in the sector.
Another thing, when turning of all poss sensors, side, front and down, the alarm still sounds, is it possible to turn off? Very annoying on set...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4