constant amber flashing lights

Reaction score
Hello there.......I have just been given a P3P for Christmas and haven't flown it yet, I charged it all up and turned it on calibrated it fine could tilt the camera up and down, then I updated the controller last night and ever since I have constant flashing amber lights and no control over the camera, it does say I need to update the drone the battery and the camera now, will this solve this issue ? Any help would be greatly received thanks in advance.

and reboot everything each time (wait for completion of any update, even if it takes time.

Hello there.......I have just been given a P3P for Christmas and haven't flown it yet, I charged it all up and turned it on calibrated it fine could tilt the camera up and down, then I updated the controller last night and ever since I have constant flashing amber lights and no control over the camera, it does say I need to update the drone the battery and the camera now, will this solve this issue ? Any help would be greatly received thanks in advance.
What RC (controller) FW version did you have when you took it out of the box and what version did you update to? What version do you have on your AC? I'm asking because you may have updated your RC to a version with a different encryption level than your AC. RC 1.6 / AC 1.8 were released with a new encryption, so they will both need to be those levels or higher, or both need to be lower. You may have updated your RC from the old encryption to the new, but your AC is still at the old. Make sense? Just a guess of course until we know what you had out of the box.

This is one of the reasons I always tell people to not update anything right out of the box until they are sure of full functionality and understand what they have already and what the updates are doing.

Have you tried to relink the AC and the RC? If by chance your AC and RC are still at the same encryption level, that may help.

Updating the FW is your choice. It is not required, even if the app is telling you that an updated version is available. If you do make the choice to update your FW, click here and follow those steps closely.

If you are interested, click here for several more tips that I often share.

Please keep us updated on your progress so we can chime in with suggestions along the way. We'll help to get you back to functional.

Good luck!

Reactions: eaglegoaltender
Thank you all very much for your input and Help.......I have another question if you could advise ? I'm going to buy a new laptop, what is the minimum spec I will require for updating my Drone ?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj