consecutive filenames?

Reaction score
Is there any way to make the camera record filenames cosecutively?

My process:-
go out flying and record stuff (pictures & video)
come home and copy the stuff to my laptop
delete stuff from memory card
try and remember to put the card back in the P2V :oops:

Say, for instance, the first time I go out I get files 001-030. The next time I go out I could get 001-025 giving me 25 files with the same filename. What I'd like is the 2nd day I go out for it to start at 031.

Is this possible, and if so, how?

I don't have a P2V anymore but mine were all named with a timestamp like so:
D2014Apr06140650DJI00001
taken April 6 2014 at 14:06:50

So each file has a unique name. I did not set anything up to do this. It just did it.

Stufft said:
Is there any way to make the camera record filenames cosecutively?

My process:-
go out flying and record stuff (pictures & video)
come home and copy the stuff to my laptop
delete stuff from memory card
try and remember to put the card back in the P2V :oops:

Say, for instance, the first time I go out I get files 001-030. The next time I go out I could get 001-025 giving me 25 files with the same filename. What I'd like is the 2nd day I go out for it to start at 031.

Is this possible, and if so, how?

1) Just don't delete the last numbered file each time, -OR-

2) When SD Card is inserted in your laptop, right click on it, select "Import pictures and videos", then in the dialog that pops up, select "import settings" and select how you want the files to be renamed when imported.

I'll leave the last named file. I have my own system for where the files should go so I don't like importing them

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Stufft said:
I'll leave the last named file. I have my own system for where the files should go so I don't like importing them

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

If you don't import them to somewhere how do you get them off the card in your camera?

I don't use the import function when I insert the card, I just drag and drop the files to dated folders.

BlackTracer said:
I don't have a P2V anymore but mine were all named with a timestamp like so:
D2014Apr06140650DJI00001
taken April 6 2014 at 14:06:50

So each file has a unique name. I did not set anything up to do this. It just did it.

Am I the only one who is getting nice timestamped unique filenames without doing anything special? They are named this way when the app syncs them off the bird through the Vision app. What I don't know is if the app is naming them this way based on sequential order on the bird. I don't think the bird has a time function so the app must be doing it when I sync. I have never seen how they are named on the bird for obvious reasons. I don't know if the timestamps are when I synced them, but I would bet they are.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik