Connection fails to Phantom Assistant software

Reaction score
Using the DJI usb cable, I am suddenly unable to connect to any of the Assistant software.
I can hear the computer make the usb connection, but I get no green and flashing blue lights on connection with any of the versions of the assistant software.

Any help on troubleshooting this would be appreciated.

Attempt again with different USB cable.
Sometimes cables just go bad.
Also, do not use a USB port thru a switch or expander outlet. Straight to a USB port on the back of your PC.

I have a similar problem.

Although I can connect my P2 to my 'puter and run Assistant (get the firmware updates, etc), Assistant doesn't recognize my controller using the same cable and same port. (I've tried other cables and ports--both direct and hub.)

To make matters worse is the poorly designed software messages. A message box (through Assistant) prompts me to download the latest software (which directs me to the download site on dji.com), but the download page refers me back to the the Assistant software to perform the updates--a loop is a loop is a loop. Assistant doesn't see my controller...

Flying Cephlopod said:
I have a similar problem.

Although I can connect my P2 to my 'puter and run Assistant (get the firmware updates, etc), Assistant doesn't recognize my controller using the same cable and same port. (I've tried other cables and ports--both direct and hub.)

To make matters worse is the poorly designed software messages. A message box (through Assistant) prompts me to download the latest software (which directs me to the download site on dji.com), but the download page refers me back to the the Assistant software to perform the updates--a loop is a loop is a loop. Assistant doesn't see my controller...

You have to use a different assistant if you are linking to the controller ;)

Hi there, I have a problem with connection to my Phantom1 on a Mac.
The USB port is recognizing the Phantom1 but the software is not seeing it any idea were this goes wrong?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-27 at 4.20.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-05-27 at 4.20.40 PM.png
    128.6 KB · Views: 479
Problem for me was the correct driver for the PT2. Windows 7 (running on MacPro 10.8.4, VMware Fusion 5.5, usually flawless) declined to install the driver on the DJI website - until I did this: 1. Turn on Remote control; 2. Connect USB to computer & drone; 3. Turn on PT2 battery. Windows may recognize a new USB device was inserted, (but won't necessarily show it in Explorer the way it shows a USB thumb drive); 4. Install driver from DJI website. With luck, this time Windows 7 should recognize the installation and then the PT2 Assistant should work. When everything is connected correctly, in the lower left corner of the PT2 Assistant, there should be a green light and a blue light - both should light up. If only green lights, you are not fully connected.

BTW, PT2 Assistant 3.8 fails to run on the same Mac. Not sure why. It's not security settings as DJI help desk suggested.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj