connecting Zeiss Goggles to Lightbridge

Reaction score
Good morning and first post,

I am trying to find a cable to connect the Zeiss Goggles (has a 3.5mm AV=in jack) to a mini-HDMI jack on the Lightbridge and have been getting nowhere. My last attempt was B&H and their only suggestion was to utilize a "composite" connection device and a cobbled together cable with the composite device itself costing in the $250+ range.

Several months ago on the DJI site news section, they promoted the use of the Zeiss Goggles and the Lightbridge together and even had a photo. Any idea how they are doing it because I haven't been able to call in and reach anyone without 30minute or more waits?

Thank you much in advance.

Dear Mr. 111,

Thank you for your reply and I have already obtained the cable you suggested, thank you. Now, my LB video feed has failed completely to the Samsung tablet and Cinemizers even though I can still control the bird and receive data back. All this on a commercially set-up bird-system exactly as your's. And my gimbel is having occasional spasms where it jerks over to the left while in the air.

This has been an utter nightmare compared to my first set-up from another dealer. One terrible $7K lesson learned.

easy: bird(modified), lightbridge, seven batteries, backbone gopro, $500 Samsung tablet, Espirit tx tray, Futaba controller, Zeiss googles, gimble, etc.. No crash, but you get scared when it's 1/4 mile away and your video feed drops out. Thank goodness the data keeps coming.

freddiejojo said:
Dear Mr. 111,

Thank you for your reply and I have already obtained the cable you suggested, thank you. Now, my LB video feed has failed completely to the Samsung tablet and Cinemizers even though I can still control the bird and receive data back. All this on a commercially set-up bird-system exactly as your's. And my gimbel is having occasional spasms where it jerks over to the left while in the air.

This has been an utter nightmare compared to my first set-up from another dealer. One terrible $7K lesson learned.

From what I found, the gimble spasms are normal glitches to expect from time to time...Per the video signal, you need to update Lightbridge to the latest version as is supports more HDMI displays with last two updates. Update the firmware on both the LB Ground Station & the LB Air Unit. All you have to do is:

1. On your PC, Launch LB Assistant.
2. Click on Updates tab.
3. Connect your LB ground station to your PC using USB cable. Update all three components, power cycle in between updates.
4. Connect your LB air station to your PC using USB cable. Update all three components, power cycle in between updates.
5. If you loose controls with updates - You MUST use Lightbridge assistant to re-map controls. Then use Phantom Assistant to calibrate. Download the manuals to see how to map channels and calibrate from the DJI website.
6. You should be able to use the HDMI port for Zeiss HDMI Goggles and TVs. Note*** You will only be able to use the HDMI output once you connect the Goggles. You can only use one, not both displays simultaneously. The HDMI takes precedence. That's why it's important you update the firmwares on LB air and ground station.

Let me know if you have any more issues.

Dear Mr. 111,

You are the man! Thank you so much for real information at least I can try. I am so grateful. I will use your information either tomorrow or Thursday. I cannot thank you enough.

freddiejojo said:
Dear Mr. 111,

You are the man! Thank you so much for real information at least I can try. I am so grateful. I will use your information either tomorrow or Thursday. I cannot thank you enough.

I was in the same boat as you were, I would rather you enjoy your setup instead of all the R&D I had to do. Let me know how it goes for you. DJI won't support you either (Since you have a 3rd party remote) as they didn't want to support me so we're on our own here - and got to help each other out.

Dear Mr. 111,

Last evening I was able to update five out of the six Lightbridge firmware updates on the LB ground and air units successfully, re-starting each time a new update was loaded, excellent. The only one I didn't (couldn't) was for the "Air System Transmitter". Do I plug into the port on the front of the Phantom that has the white-plastic plug over it to accomplish the final upgrade?

I look forward to trying everything out again. I have had my hands full shooting with my other bird and editing for jobs before I could get to this. And as for buying a pre-built system, I had no choice. The extent of my electrical and wiring experience is my Mom telling me not to stick my finger in the light socket. You have knowledge I wish I had.

I will keep you informed of my experiences. Many thanks again, and you were right, DJI never has contacted me back after numerous requests for help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers