Connecting to camera/gimbal USB

Reaction score
I have connected the camera/gimbal USB port to the Assistant software and get no response. I was told by customer support this was the way to upgrade camera/gimbal firmware. Anyone tested this connection and theory??

The Vision+ gimbal USB port is simply for transferring files from the camera's memory card to the computer. Upgrades to the camera/gimbal firmware are performed by the Assistant through the Phantom's USB connection. The gimbal port works for file transfer as I have used it. Note you have to power up the Vision+ to access the port. You computer will give the New Hardware found alert and a moment later you will see a removable drive appear in your list of drives.

Thanks...that helps a ton! I am on a Mac version. I don't see anything in the Assistant that looks like a camera firmware update opportunity. The guys in customer service told me to look for some sort of alert...not seeing that at all.

Thanks for you patience! Sure need to find V1/2/5g somehow!

Connect your Phantom via the main USB port and run the Assistant. Once it connects, go to Updates. The camera/gimbal is the item called P330CB. To the right of this, click the firmware link "Latest Version 1.0.1.25" and the firmware will download. Now click UPDATE and it should install the firmware and hopefully your camera issue will be fixed.

edit

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3z9HZ2e328kaGhXTmgwTW56RWM/edit?usp=sharing

Dirty...thanks SO much for explaining things to me! I am back in business because of you and your VERY clear assistance! Wow...ready to fly again!!

You are a miracle worker to get me here! Thank you, again!!

Are you with IntelligentUAS, by chance??

reynoldsyoung said:
Dirty...thanks SO much for explaining things to me! I am back in business because of you and your VERY clear assistance! Wow...ready to fly again!!

You are a miracle worker to get me here! Thank you, again!!

Are you with IntelligentUAS, by chance??

No but I am very happy to have been able to get your camera working so you can enjoy your Vision+. This thing is so cool! :cool:

And, everything was going so well...then , I went out to fly and all I got is a blank screen on my iPhone. Everything is linked well, I can control the camera and all...just nothing on the screen. How are you on this one??

reynoldsyoung said:
And, everything was going so well...then , I went out to fly and all I got is a blank screen on my iPhone. Everything is linked well, I can control the camera and all...just nothing on the screen. How are you on this one??

Lets make sure your camera is really working. Power on the Vision+ with a memory card installed, lens cap removed. There is a record button on the front right underside of the gimbal that protrudes out. Press the button and you should see a little red (or reddish orange) light illuminate on the front of the gimbal. Let it run for a half a minute or so and press the button again to stop recording. Now remove the memory card, place it in an SD adapter (or a device that can directly accept a Micro-SD). Go the the cards contents, into the folders and open the file you find (ends with MP4). Is there a video image, or just a black video?

Good morning, Dirty! Following your instructions...camera works great...both still and video. Whew...that's a relief. Guess it's something in the WiFi connection, huh??

Yeah, it's the newest version. Funny...I have video at one point on it and I lost it. I did reinstall the iPhone app...still no video. The iPhone does play other videos, however. Strange!

From others on here, it is beginning to sound like there is a bug in the new iPhone app for the +. We shall see! But, thanks so much for the help to this point...a ton closer to flying than I was.

Looks like DJI is about to come out with an update to the Vision app that will correct this black screen issue on the Plus. According to some, they are aware and have issued 1.0.40 already for the Android...Apple IOS is coming in the next few days.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.