Connecting from Phantom to IPad

Reaction score
Is there a way to connect an iPad directly to my drone? I seems logical and the adapter is included, but when connecting directly the apps can't see the drone. Is this possible, or I'm I just misinformed.
12ce195c29079f50658aa878e17545aa.jpg

Yeah, but the download is slow and you can't download 4K video or Raw jpg. I'm surprised the included adapters can't be used to directly connect. Doesn't seem to make sense.

IMG_0504.JPG
IMG_0503.JPG
Yes. It's actually easier than connecting to your drone. Buy the Apple Lightning to USB adapter. Find the Transcend card reader I show on Amazon. Plug in your MicroSD card to its SD adapter and plug it in. That's how I transfer everything.

I take the micro cheap out and download to Mac or pc do whatever editing in studio pinnacle then I transfer files using the hootoo flash drive and app for iPhone best thing for Apple. 128 GB flash drive and easier way to use for photos, videos, music and data than iTunes. Store it on flash drive and or your device. Fits on key Chain.View attachment 84586

I don't get it - if you're connecting to the drone, the Apple Lightning tip is not the right one - at least for my Phantom. The cable that came with the drone has USB at one end and I guess it's a micro USB on the other. (Even the very short USB cable does not have a Lightning tip on it.) It certainly wont fit into my iPad and will fit into the drone smaller port. So do you just use the Lightning in that port even if it's not the right one?
Sorry if it's a stupid question - excuse the newbie.

I don't get it - if you're connecting to the drone, the Apple Lightning tip is not the right one - at least for my Phantom. The cable that came with the drone has USB at one end and I guess it's a micro USB on the other. (Even the very short USB cable does not have a Lightning tip on it.) It certainly wont fit into my iPad and will fit into the drone smaller port. So do you just use the Lightning in that port even if it's not the right one?
Sorry if it's a stupid question - excuse the newbie.
Not sure of what you mean here. If you're trying to see your pictures and or video, I just take the sd card out of the ac and put it in the apple card reader then you can see them on your iPad. I had a different card reader that was a pain in the backside and threw it away. The apple one works well. Hope this helps!

Sorry, I thought the discussion was about how to get pix off the drone using one of the gadgets shown.

I too struggled to find the best way (my drone battery would die whilst I tried to trf gigs of vid through the cable to my iPad and I'd sweat over increasing battery temperatures).
I finally found this which works a treat!
OMARS® USB C Micro SD/TF Card Reader with USB 3.0 Male: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics
You remove your sd card from your drone, slot it in this stick, plug it into the iPad and use the simple inclusive software to move or copy files to the iPad (mine is air2).
2 things to note:
1. After you paste the files to iPad, they seem to go into a temp folder so you simply select them again within the software and select move and paste them to 'iPad photos' then they appear in the gallery (it's self-intuitive so I won't post a boring walk through)
2. If you set up your drone to record both lo-res and hi-res files and want to copy both to your iPad, complete the 2 stages above on one set of files before copying/moving the other set because file names are the same and they would overwrite at stage 1 but iPad creates its own names at stage2.
Sorry I'm making an extremely simple process sound complicated but it's one of my life-skills
Huge files transferred in just a few minutes
I understand people using Mac/Win programs to edit but I try to keep away from my PC and was able to sit on the sunbed and burn nicely whilst editing on iPad with DJI Go4.
Only real app problem I find is the gamble of whether the rendering process will complete (it tends to crash out many times before being successful). You don't lose anything except time and body weight through sweat as it's taken 2 hours to create the project - but I digress..........

Reactions: Photoflash

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20