Connect the GoPro and Gimbal goes limp

Reaction score
I can not for the life of me figure this one out.

If I leave the USB ribbon cable from the camera to the gimbal disconnected, it all works fine. I power up the P2 and the gimbal goes through its normal routine of checks, etc. I can use the dial to tilt the camera, etc. Just as I'd expect.

If I have the camera connected to the gimbal (USB ribbon cable plugged in), the gimbal goes limp and unresponsive. If I power down the P2 and disconnect the USB cable, then all is right again when powered up.

I have replaced the ribbon cable and USB part, but still no change. :x

Help!!! (thanks in advance)

Not sure if this helps, but here's a couple pics of how I have it plugged in.

Do I have something crossed? backwards?

Attachments

• 20150122_200415.jpg
    20150122_200415.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 470
  • 20150122_200430.jpg
    20150122_200430.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 533
That does look backward.
I'm sure the short part is on the gimbal board and long part hangs out and the ribbon should tape to the corner.

There's a white piece of tape on the corner of the ribbon, does that face away from the gimbal then?

The cable has a short end and a long end with a piece of white "tape" in the corner on one side of the ribbon. The gold wires of the ribbon cable are only visible on the side with the white tape.

To make sure I am getting this right, which end goes to the gimbal and which to the USB connector?

If I go long end to the gimbal and short end to the camera, then because of the "elbow" of the cable, the white tape on the elbow is on the "inside" and hidden when all is connected.

If I go short end to the gimbal, I have to flip the cable so that the long end is near the USB port of the camera and this puts that white tape outside and visible when connected.

Does anyone have any pics of their install?

Attachments

• 20150123_061717.jpg
    20150123_061717.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 420
I did a conversion on mine to the hero port and cant provide a pic.
I'm pretty sure the short end goes into the H33D and the long end for the go pro.
The double side tape should then merry up with the back of the GoPro holder.

Yahtzee!!! That was it! Thank you!

Once I flipped the ribbon cable around (short side towards gimbal), it began working!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers