Connect P3A to a computer???

My answer for you is,,,,I don't know, lol! But, I have a P3 Standard and I'm wanting to do the same thing. I know that the P3 A and P3 P are set up differently than the Standard, so I don't know it this will work for you, but I use a Nvidia Shield tablet which has a HDMI port, so I'm hoping I can just run the HDMI cable from my tablet to the laptop and proceed like that. Of course if you were using a similar device on an Advanced model I would think you could do it to. If using an i device, no clue what to tell you there.

I was just wondering how I would connect my p3 to my computer? Thank you!
The only reason to connect to a computer is to access the flight data recorded on the internal SD card.
You do that with the cable to the covered microUSB slot on the front of the Phantom after activating Flight Data Mode in the app.

The only reason to connect to a computer is to access the flight data recorded on the internal SD card.
You do that with the cable to the covered microUSB slot on the front of the Phantom after activating Flight Data Mode in the app.
Ehhhhh, I dunno man, I think I'd have to disagree with that one. I can think of several reasons to want to hook up to a computer while flying. Having someone else watch while you fly to see if you're getting the shots you want. A much larger screen for people with less than perfect eyesight to see while they're flying. Or just having an all around bigger, better view of what you're doing. I always have so much trouble seeing my screen on very bright days. I have thought it may be cool if you were under the shade of, say, a canopy (Which I have seen some pro's do) and fly by your mobile device AND the laptop to get an all around picture of what's up. Who know's, I may try it and find it totally useless, but I see enough reasons to try it out.

The reason why I want to connect it to the computer, is to check the battery life of a battery I have. I would like an exact percentage number. And do you by chance know how many recharges a flight battery can take before it needs to stop being used?

The reason why I want to connect it to the computer, is to check the battery life of a battery I have. I would like an exact percentage number. And do you by chance know how many recharges a flight battery can take before it needs to stop being used?
I don't know that there is an exact number, I'm sure it varies based on many factors. Just keep an eye on your battery percentage and overall health on HealthyDrones, you'll know when to get new ones. To give you an idea though, I have 76 flights and 47 charges on battery #1 and it has 92% left. Battery #2 has 48 flights and 35 charges and shows 100%. So it's really hard to say.

Ehhhhh, I dunno man, I think I'd have to disagree with that one. I can think of several reasons to want to hook up to a computer while flying. Having someone else watch while you fly to see if you're getting the shots you want. A much larger screen for people with less than perfect eyesight to see while they're flying. Or just having an all around bigger, better view of what you're doing. I always have so much trouble seeing my screen on very bright days. I have thought it may be cool if you were under the shade of, say, a canopy (Which I have seen some pro's do) and fly by your mobile device AND the laptop to get an all around picture of what's up. Who know's, I may try it and find it totally useless, but I see enough reasons to try it out.

FWIW I mirror my device while flying and my family can watch it on a 60' tv :)

For those you would connect the computer to the viewing device or the controller - not the Phantom as asked.

Just keep an eye on your battery percentage and overall health on HealthyDrones, you'll know when to get new ones.
How do I check the battery "life" on healthy drones? Do I just upload a log file and it tells me?

In both Litchi and Dji go app you have an option to automatically upload your flight logs after each flight. When in HealthyDrones, there is a bar for batteries. Click it and it will give a complete rundown on the overall health and performance of the battery, and what percentage of life is left. It also shows max battery temp for each flight, etc.

For those wanting to share FPV there is an HDMI module that is purchased separately and then you can connect another device with an HDMI cable and share FPV.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4