Connect Futaba Tx to normal internal receiver ??

Reaction score
I'm interested to know if I need to take out the receiver in the Phantom to use it with a Futaba (8FG), or whether it can be made to use the standard internal receiver.

If I press the red LED/ button on the bottom with the Futaba powered on, the led on the bottom flashes green.

Does anyone know what green flashing on that little LED means. i.e the mains LEDS on the Phantom continue to flash "failsafe" yellow, so although it appears to partially recognize the Futaba it obviously doesn't completely understand what its being sent (I presume).

If I have to replace the receiver, thats fine, but my main reason for switching to the Futaba is that the RC that came with the Phantom has an intermittent fault

Re: Connect Futaba to normal internal receiver ??

First- if you do get another receiver, here is the thread for you: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=8358

Second- which version is your Phantom (not that it matters as if it has FASST tech in it, then it will connect to your radio.

I am not sure about the exact procedure on binding a Futaba to the Phantom- despite having done it with my own radio... I am in the middle of configuring it all.

You are only an hour or so from being set up with that radio... there is a lot of support now... check that thread up there.

I have a Phantom 2, I thought it used FASST, but cant see any reference to FASST at all on DJI's site

The Phantom appears to be partially recognising the TX unit, but the LED is flashing green and not solid green.

Any ideas what I need to do to make it go solid green.

e.g is there a setting on the Futaba that needs to be changed e.g. some sort of transmission data format etc ??

I have the futaba receiver as well, but didnt know whether it was worth totally dissassembling the Phantom to install it.

Thanks

RogerClark said:

I have the futaba receiver as well, but didnt know whether it was worth totally dissassembling the Phantom to install it.

Thanks

While the stock receiver is a Futaba I believe (just not of the caliber you have that came with the receiver providing it is a correct match) and it is able to bind to your radio- the performance and reliability of the upgraded receiver you have is superior.

I suggest you familiarize yourself with the stock set up- radio and quad, and learn your way around the software assistant and note the settings as the thread I linked suggests.

Once you have the terminology and basics down (where I am currently) then you can more easily understand the receiver swap and radio configurations better- that thread details it all very well.

Reactions: jcampen

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers