connect controller to drone

Reaction score
Just received p4p back from cable replacement. They flew it and was fine. I can't get the controller to connect to drone. The drone has all 4 solid red lights. I did the bind routine and controller says it took but screen shows "aircraft disconnected" and little light on side of drone is flashing red (the same button I pushed to bind. They did a software update before flying at service center using my controller and drone. I'm lost for what's next.

Still 4 solid red on drone and controller has a green light along with small light on drone

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I have completed this several times, thank you for your response but It is still as I described above.

Last edited:
Still 4 solid red on drone and controller has a green light along with small light on drone
Ok if remote has green and drone link light is green it is linked
What does it tell you under air raft status when all powered on..have you tryed a simple reinstall of the app...solid red to me is critical error or controller disconnected,, that's from light chart....is your link light flashing red or solid green,says red in first post now its green in other post so confused ...have you tryed a manual link
Screenshot_20200110-171134.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: nibrocnor and JoBe
I reinstalled DJI GO 4 app and it made no difference. It has green light on controller and drone. All four drone lights are solid red and chart says "critical error". attached are pics of described conditions. This is too complicated for me, It will be "for sale" when it's working right. Thanks for continued help.

Attachments

• IMG_1020.JPG
    IMG_1020.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 127
  • IMG_1021.JPG
    IMG_1021.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 118
  • IMG_1022.JPG
    IMG_1022.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 147
  • IMG_1023.JPG
    IMG_1023.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 127
Last edited:
I reinstalled DJI GO 4 app and it made no difference. It has green light on controller and drone. All four drone lights are solid red and chart says "critical error". attached are pics of described conditions. This is too complicated "for me", It will be for sale when it's working rightThanks for continued help.
Don't give up your almost there since your camera has a picture could be your tablet or phone that you're using is not quite right I was using a android device that had connecting problems tried a ipad & solved my connectivity problem

Reactions: nibrocnor
Don't give up your almost there since your camera has a picture could be your tablet or phone that you're using is not quite right I was using a android device that had connecting problems tried a ipad & solved my connectivity problem
I first used an Ipad and just today I downloaded the dji go 4 app on my Iphone and it made no difference. I also tried a cord that connects controller to drone that I know works, no difference. Thanks for encouragement.

Ok if remote has green and drone link light is green it is linked
What does it tell you under air raft status when all powered on..have you tryed a simple reinstall of the app...solid red to me is critical error or controller disconnected,, that's from light chart....is your link light flashing red or solid green,says red in first post now its green in other post so confused ...have you tryed a manual linkView attachment 116637
How do I "manual link?

In general looks like you are connected, accept for satellite signal, what does it do outside?

Rod

Reactions: JoBe
I reinstalled DJI GO 4 app and it made no difference. It has green light on controller and drone. All four drone lights are solid red and chart says "critical error". attached are pics of described conditions. This is too complicated for me, It will be "for sale" when it's working right. Thanks for continued help.
why is ur max altitude set to 0

How do I "manual link?
Manual link,,,,ok it does show your linked cause you got cam view,are you able to move cam with dial,,try this manual link it just might work ,,other odd thing yes is your max altitude setting is 0,set to 120m ,it should save,,have tryed myself a few things to try replicate your red lights but when linked they should flash normal or yellow if inside,,,your remote is green but aircraft red,,if nothing works I would contact dji since you just get it back ,,this is certainly a brain teaser
Screenshot_20200111-084701_Chrome.jpg

I set it for 200m but next time I turned it on, it was back to 0
Ok it should really be 120m which is 400ft which is our allowed max height,,can set over but will be asked to acept flight responsibility OR it will say unsuccessfully set in which you choose lower number,,even in saying that max altitude is 1640ft which is software limit so it can be set higher,,set lower limit to see if it save,,,I did try mine on 0 to try replicate your issue but still had green lights on drone so dont think that causing the red light issue......have to log out for a bit back be back to check

Last edited by a moderator:
He has some sort of communication problem, that what we can't figure out. (That is why it is returning to zero).

@nibrocnor, have you talked to the repair guys, they did test or use your remote after this so called Firmware update?

Since I have know idea about P4'S.

Has anybody thought about his firmware between the remote and the Phantom being a problem?

Rod

Manual link,,,,ok it does show your linked cause you got cam view,are you able to move cam with dial,,try this manual link it just might work ,,other odd thing yes is your max altitude setting is 0,set to 120m ,it should save,,have tryed myself a few things to try replicate your red lights but when linked they should flash normal or yellow if inside,,,your remote is green but aircraft red,,if nothing works I would contact dji since you just get it back ,,this is certainly a brain teaserView attachment 116647
I have tried that link and it shows green, green but no other change in drone 4 red lights or c
In general looks like you are connected, accept for satellite signal, what does it do outside?

Rod
this is outside. no satellites, no drone battery
ontroller

Attachments

• IMG_1025.JPG
    IMG_1025.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 114
He has some sort of communication problem, that what we can't figure out. (That is why it is returning to zero).

@nibrocnor, have you talked to the repair guys, they did test or use your remote after this so called Firmware update?

Since I have know idea about P4'S.

Has anybody thought about his firmware between the remote and the Phantom being a problem?

Rod
I called "Drone Nerds" and they said they flew it, no problem, but it isn't on the flight records. They did a firmware update. I don't know if before flight or after. Time to call them again

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.