Confused on Distance?

Reaction score
Hey guys, all new to the drone scene i am not trying to reach max distance just curious and confused, this is posted on the p3 pro specs page.

P3 Pro, With sensitive control sticks, dedicated buttons, and an over 3.1 mile (5km)* range, your customizable Phantom 3 remote controller gives you a completely new way to fly and interact with your Phantom.

P3 Basic, Fly up to 10 football fields away without worry. A high-powered 5.8GHz transmission frequency keeps the Phantom responsive, even when flying at distances of up to 0.62 mile (1km) away.

Why can i not fly past 1600 feet stock i have the p2 pro and i hit a max warning where i cant fly further when i reach about 1600 feet. Why are they stating 3.1 miles of 5km and my p3 pro doesnt even fly .62 miles away.. what am i missing.

Thanks for the questions and information.

You need to turn off the "Maximum distance" setting in the "MC Settings" section of the DJI GO app. That setting can only be set while your Phantom is connected to the DJI GO app.

Reactions: Clearimageweb
You need to turn off the "Maximum distance" setting in the "MC Settings" section of the DJI GO app. That setting can only be set while your Phantom is connected to the DJI GO app.
Thank you I'll do that I was just curious I like to test limits I just thought they were false advertising

A lot of people are able to fly much further than the advertised numbers. It all really depends on the surroundings where you're flying. Some areas have less interference than others.

A lot of people are able to fly much further than the advertised numbers. It all really depends on the surroundings where you're flying. Some areas have less interference than others.
Those basic antenna boosters that I just slip on would those be recommended or do I really see a difference it's not in budget to extend and spend a couple hundred dollars now for a high-powered one but would I just be wasting money or would it be beneficial

Yes, they really do work. You can make your own too -- like this.

You should get a big boost by turning off the above setting. Maybe start there and venture beyond if you're still not happy with the distance.

Those basic antenna boosters that I just slip on would those be recommended or do I really see a difference it's not in budget to extend and spend a couple hundred dollars now for a high-powered one but would I just be wasting money or would it be beneficial
Without a windsurfer in my back yard I get 3000 feet .I can increase that to 7000 feet with a £5 eBay windsurfer easily.
It's a 40%/50% increase for £5 .
No brainer really.
I've had 11500 feet...2.2 miles on CE mode not FCC in UK and still had full signals with a windsurfer

Reactions: Air Ontario

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20