Configuring Phantom FC40 with a Mac

Reaction score
:?:
I recently downloaded PhantomRC for Mac and am not able to get it working. I have my phantom powered up and connected to my computer via USB and have the controller turned on. The software is telling me, "Please connect to the controller!" Any ideas as to how you "connect to the controller?"

I have the 5.2gHz FC40 w/Naza-M v2.

Thanks in advance for the help!

I also have a Mac, and dji posted the wrong software, they need to post the Naza-M Assistant software for the Mac. There is no usb connector on the outside of the controller. I had to use a windows computer to turn on course lock and home lock.

DJI didn't post the wrong software. It's just that most firms don't understand how to adequately communicate with their customers through their web sites and how to actually provide the information for which people visit their web sites, and in a way that makes sense to people.

The RC Assistant is available for both PC and Mac. The NAZA-M Assistant is currently only available for PC. You want the NAZA-M Assistant software.

The RC Assistant is meant for connecting to the Remote Controller. The transmitter that you hold in your hands and use to 'control' the Phantom remotely. The USB connector for this is on the inside of the RC. You'll have to open the case of the transmitter to get to it.

The NAZA-M Assistant is meant for connecting to the little box (NAZA-M) in the Phantom that is carelessly also referred to as... "controller". Which is correct but it would have been nice if someone at DJI would have recognised the potential confusion here and would simply have explained in a clear fashion that this is the FLIGHT CONTROLLER which is the brains of the Phantom and should be distinguished from the REMOTE CONTROLLER.

When the NAZA-M assistant tells you to power cycle the controller they mean the FLIGHT controller by powering down the Phantom. The phrase "power cycle the Phantom quadcopter" would have been SO much clearer... but unfortunately they just don't get it, like so many other firms which don't "get it".

It's frustrating... I know. :roll:

Big Ben said:
The RC Assistant is available for both PC and Mac. The NAZA-M Assistant is currently only available for PC. You want the NAZA-M Assistant software.
It's frustrating... I know. :roll:

Are they going to create software for the NAZA-M for Mac does anyone know?. I don't have access to a PC.

Dji's answer to that very question:

Jorge G. (DJI Technology)
Feb 24 22:08

Dear Jim Gaede

Thank you for your email. At this moment we have not received any news on a Naza Assistant software for Macintosh. I apologize for the inconvenience.

If you require further assistance you can reach our phone support by calling 818-235-0789. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (PST).
We will do our best to help you resolve this issue.

Thank you.

Customer Service Representative

jgaede said:
I tried this software with FC-40, it did not work.

Same here. I tried running the Naza Assistant using a Windows emulator and it didn't want to connect to my Phantom FC40.

February 20, 2014 FC40 New Assistant Software Released
Overview
PHANTOM RC Assistant Software V1.1 has been released.
What’s new
Assistant Software
1. PHANTOM RC Assistant Software V1.1 program framework has been optimized, no new function added.
2. PHANTOM RC Assistant Software V1.1 now supports Mac OS X (10.6 or above), usages on Mac and Windows are exactly the same.
Notes
1. When launching for the first time on Mac OS X, please open the Assistant Software in the Finder. After the first successful launch, the
application can be launched by double-clicking the PHANTOM RC icon in the Finder or using Launchpad.
2. Please download the application installer in DMG format from the download page of PHANTOM FC40 on the DJI website.
3. The Assistant Software for Windows and Mac OS X will updated simultaneously in the future.

:?: So this update does not include or relate to the Naza software I take it? I just saw this on the DJI site and saw the date is very recent.

New owner here who uses a Mac luckily I have windows on my Mac just hate running it

Dji really needs a Mac version of the naza software

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl