Conference choices?

Reaction score
So, InterDrone 2017 conference is coming up soon in Las Vegas...but never have gone to one I feel $500ish plus fees ($200 ish for any pre courses) is going to put me out about $1500 for flights/hotel/ fees. I could bring this down a couple hundred dollars if I just did a course and 1 day of the main conference....but still....is the InterDrone worth it, if the conference of your dreams is not being hosted on your state?

Located in South Florida, are there other conferences I should be looking forward to? Or should I just scrap this as an investment and go to Las Vegas?

Any and all opinions are appreciated!

What is the real benefit of assisting to this conference? If you are not representing a drone company, it's a waste of money.

Yes you are right....to me it also looks like where the big boys will be displaying all the new gear...hence saving some coin by just going to the "hall" for one day to see the toys, and taking advantage of some of the pre classes like the 107 training and intensive drone photography classes.

Guessing I could find the courses elsewhere, but keep hearing that this is the drone event of the year (wold wide attendance) might offer an upper hand in networking and exposure to any unknowns....but then again....I'm from South East....

If you are a professional drone operator or want to be one, it looks like a good conference to attend. All of the session material is probably available on line or through paid courses, but if you can afford to go, you would have a good time.. A large part of the value of attending a conference is meeting and networking with your industry peers.

A list of speakers and classes is available on the InterDrone website here.

I'm guessing my next real question is:
If not the InterDrone, what other conferences would be the GoTo this year (preferably something close to the Southeast coast)?

A few people told me InterDrone is the best conference to attend in the US. I'll find out for myself in September :)

I'm also interested in hearing about other conferences that might be worthwhile attending. So, if anyone has been to any good ones, please do share.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4