Conection Prob. between Quad and PC

Reaction score
I just received P2V+ Monday ....Following the owners manual to the letter....P2V+ will not connect or communicate with the PC to check for updates....Should I pack up the quad and send it back? I haven't flown it, didn't want to fly with out checking the download first....What should I do? Thanks, Mike....

Are you on a PC? Did you install the WIndows drivers? If yes, are you connecting to the USB port on the front of the Phantom under the rubber cover? Do NOT connect to the gimbal USB.

You didn't say if you had installed the windows drivers and the assistant software and the rc software.

According to the manual the two indicators at the bottom left of the screen should light up green and blinking blue....It does not do this....It stays red and blue....I do get the sound when I plug in to PC....On the P2V+ Assistant screen, everything under the Advanced area states none....

cahutch said:
I find that I can't have it plugged into the PC when I power on the Phantom. It doesn't recognize it correctly until after it's "booted up". If I plug it in too soon, I have to unplug it and plug it back in.
SO....You have the Software Assistant up and running and then you turn on the P2V+ and then plug into the PC? Correct? Mike....

Power on the Phantom first. Give it time for the Phantom firmware to boot. Then connect to PC, wait for connect sound. Then run Software Assistant. You may have to uninstall everything and reinstall again if that doesn't work. If you have a second PC, try it there. Some users reported having issues that were not corrected by an uninstall, but it worked fine on another computer.

Dirty Bird said:
Power on the Phantom first. Give it time for the Phantom firmware to boot. Then connect to PC, wait for connect sound. Then run Software Assistant. You may have to uninstall everything and reinstall again if that doesn't work. If you have a second PC, try it there. Some users reported having issues that were not corrected by an uninstall, but it worked fine on another computer.
I have done all that, still nothing....I don't have another PC....Mike

msross said:
Dirty Bird said:

do you have 2 programs installed on the PC? you need to install DJI windows installer before phantom 2 installer or it will not recognise the phantom. it will ask you to plug in the phantom ( switched on along with the tranny ) during the installation of the windows installer but it DOES NOT refer to the phantom as a phantom. I think it calls it RC or something like making you think you should plug the tranny in and not the phantom. plug in the phantom.

locoworks said:
msross said:
Dirty Bird said:

do you have 2 programs installed on the PC? you need to install DJI windows installer before phantom 2 installer or it will not recognise the phantom. it will ask you to plug in the phantom ( switched on along with the tranny ) during the installation of the windows installer but it DOES NOT refer to the phantom as a phantom. I think it calls it RC or something like making you think you should plug the tranny in and not the phantom. plug in the phantom.
Yes, that's what it was....I did not know to install the DJI Win_Driver_Installer....Works like a champ now....DJI didn't tell us that....Thanks to all that helped....Mike

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20