Complete Noob questions...

Reaction score
I just bought a Phantom 2 Plus + on e-bay... Ok, ok, calm down, I may be dumb but I'm not stupid. :lol: I'm a Machinist, have done my fair share of electronics work, and the thing was less than 1/4 of list price - I figure this one is a good way to get started. I'm charging the battery now - going to see if It will power up at all. Will have to buy new props for it - first owner must have tried to "weed-eat" with it. Camera and gimbal "seem" to be in good shape but that diagnosis is for later.

First I need to find a manual for it, hopefully with the parts list, exploded drawings, whatever I can get my hands on. Then, when it comes time to fly, and attempt to use all of its features, I'll pick up an Android to interface with it - now, here's the thing, do I have to buy a whole new phone service etc, or will the android alone interface directly with the phantom making it an enclosed system. I ask because, if I need some new phone account - with towers everywhere these days - there shouldn't be a maximum distance from "home"... I ought to be able to fly the sucker across country, as long as I have cell towers... No?

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to getting into this for my own enjoyment and, possibly, some marketing for my own company. Not looking to compete with pro areal photographers.

Any help and guidance you folks can give me is most appreciated.

Bill

Read the manuals on dji.com and many things will come to light. You do not need any additional phone service. Your android will interface directly with the phantom through the dji vision app. Download it in the play store. Also get familiar with the PC Assistant and RC Assistant you get from dji.com also. You've come to the right place. This forum is a good place to ask questions.

Thanks guys, Really! So far, I've only been able to find a downloadable .PDF manual for the Phantom 1 but, I'll go back and search some more. Just got the batteries in - green light on the remote, a "beep" on the drone but, no power up/rotation at all... This may take a while but, let's face it, the pursuit is 75% of the fun! :)

Hello Noob.
Where are you located? (You didn't put it in your profile).

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1