Complete beginner seeking advice

Reaction score
Hi folks,
would really appreciate some help. I want to buy a phantom mAinly for fIlming my dog running around and also some wildlife. In addition id like to take some stunning mountain / wild photographs. Looked at walkeras and others and decided im going with a phantom and gopro. Want gopro so I can use in car and mountsin bike as well therefore ive decided the vision is not an option. Id like to be able to see what the go pro is seeing while flying and line up shots etc. Ive been on loads of review sites and forums and to be honest im more confused than I was when I set out. Id sppreciate some sound opinions on what to buy, both phantom model, accesories ill need and which gopro. Not very technicslly minded so bearing that in mind. I have an I phone and Sony Xperia z tablet if I can utilise these? Also laptop for downloading film to. Because of my rural location I dont have broadband and access internet via UK three network on tablet. I live in Scotland. Also would appreciate advice on where to buy for best deals. Dont have a bottomless pit of money or set budget but will fork out for the right equipment.
any help appreciated.

I can't help with where to purchase for your local or your internet issues but for a good version Phantom that will handle everything you want to do with it and not empty your wallet - check out Phantom2 w/Zenmuse gimbal.

The plus' - excellent flight times w/smart battery, it has cabling for adding FPV (First Person View - IE; what the camera sees), the Zenmuse is an excellent gimbal without having to make multiple adjustments and works w/GoPro only. Zenmuse gimbal also charges GoPro while you're flying.

Hope this helps...

Hi emcsquar and thank you for the post. Can you explain "cabling"? Does the moniter have a view or do I view on another device?
thank you

Hi folks,

Does everyone think the same as escquar? Any other opinions? Also looking for advice onwhich gopro.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1