Complaint

so what did he say

He walked up and said"do you have many complaints ?" I said "no, most people like the drone" then he said "what would you say if someone complained?"
Me "i would apologise and put drone away, why, is it bothering you?" Him" yes, ive come here to relax and the buzzing is annoying me" so i apologised and brought drone back and packed away. My wife came back and said i should have told him to "f*** ***" she doesn't understand legalities lol

I would of ask him if people coming up to you while your flying would bother you / plus just the sound of you speaking bothers me

And there was me going to head over to Pembroke for some flying. Holiday home owner? Typical not even a local. I wouldn't have been so calm!
My only neighbours are sheep. They don't seem to mind!

Oh my head was saying deck him but you got to not give this hobby a bad name, there is enough idiots doing that already.

Oh my head was saying deck him but you got to not give this hobby a bad name, there is enough idiots doing that already.
That is the advantage of the long range stuff. They have no idea where you are! I tend to keep well away from people then fly up to what I want to see.
The last castle I flew around I was the other side of a valley about a mile away!

You were very considerate to put the drone away. That said, if you were flying lawfully another tactic might have been to apoligize for the noise and to say it won't be for too much longer (unless you have a whole bunch of charged up batteries), but that you come here to enjoy flying, and to thank your neighborfor his consideration. My idea would be to minimize conflict and maximize understanding and cooperation. Sometimes both sides need to bend a little bit, not one or the other. HTH going forward.

My only neighbors are sheep. They don't seem to mind!
Do you have a cliff nearby?...:)

You were very considerate to put the drone away. That said, if you were flying lawfully another tactic might have been to apoligize for the noise and to say it won't be for too much longer (unless you have a whole bunch of charged up batteries), but that you come here to enjoy flying, and to thank your neighborfor his consideration. My idea would be to minimize conflict and maximize understanding and cooperation. Sometimes both sides need to bend a little bit, not one or the other. HTH going forward.

I agree with you, minimise conflict totally. It wasn't a neighbour it was a beach some 5 miles from home, i knew he was coming across beach to complain, i even got him on video lol. Most people love to see the drone and are more curious than annoyed. That said ive got to take those that aren't even from around here into consideration as much as it pains me.

What about the boats going by? The AH probably wishes he could swim to tell them too. Avoiding conflics is best and if you see him again ask him at what time would be best for him for you to fly.
Your wife probably wants to sing him a song, go's like this ''I fly they fly you go fly a kite''

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20