compatable gimbals

Reaction score
Hi im new to this forum ive had a fc40 for 6 weeks now and absolutely love it but i soon want to upgrade to a gimbal and gopro 3. The problem im having is finding a compatable cheapish gimbal for the fc40. ive contacted online companies through ebay and amazon and keep getting replies that the gimbals are not compatable with the fc40 (not sure the reason why)? The 2 im looking at are the tarot t-2d gimbal and the walkera g-2d gimbal is this right this there not compatable and if so which gimbals do any of u guys recommend, i would greatly appreciate any info.

Those folks are probably just looking at spec sheets that don't mention the FC40. But you are asking the wrong question. The FC40 is basically just a Phantom 1, except it has the camera and a 5.8 Ghz tx/rx setup.
Keep in mind that last part if you want FPV.

I have been using the Walkera G-2D gimbal for three months. I am very satisfied with it! I bought it from Amazon for $99 and had it in three days. It needs no desktop computer to set it up. It worked out of the box after reversing the mounting plate. I added a tilt knob on my transmitter and the gimbal works well with it. It has been durable with one tree and two curb crashes.No damage at all!

I mounted the FC40 camera for a while. It took wheel weights and a lot of time to balance and remove jello.

I purchased a GoPro Hero 3+ black and the balance was perfect with no weights and no jello, just mounted it.

Thanks to help from this forum, I have a Amped SR10000 repeater working with the GoPro. I should get 800 feet range without a directional antenna. Just waiting for less wind and an open field to try the repeater for distance. I get around 250 feet without the repeater.

Made the mistake of buying a gimbal from witespy for my fc40. It came with ZERO instructions and I think that there is at least one connector missing. Has anybody else bought a gimbal from them?

Post a picture of what you've got. If it's a generic gimbal, the only connection is power. I have a generic gimbal that just plugs into the balance cable of the battery.
Of course, I'll have to play with the GUI program on a PC to get it calibrated and not vibrating. You'll need to figure out which firmware yours has in order to know which GUI program to download and run.

CityZen said:
Those folks are probably just looking at spec sheets that don't mention the FC40. But you are asking the wrong question. The FC40 is basically just a Phantom 1, except it has the camera and a 5.8 Ghz tx/rx setup.
Keep in mind that last part if you want FPV.
ok thanks for that.

Thank you cityzen! Sorry to be so ignorant but how would it communicate with the transmitter for pitch without connecting to the naza or reciever?
1-28-2014_10-22-58_am.jpg

http://witespyquad.gostorego.com/fpv-ge ... imbal.html

Please go to the basecam download link on that page and get the manual.

You can hook up the pitch connector on the gimbal board to the F2 connector on the Naza module for pitch control.
You'll need a regular 3-pin servo cable if one wasn't included. Make sure to plug it in the right way around (match ground to ground).

The white connector above is for the battery balance cable (probably).

Hi as previously mentioned the Walkera G-2D is ideal for this FC40 with a GoPro 3. The mounting plate requires reversing and check previous posts / Youtube for connection setup. Simple and works very well. I am very pleased with easy installation.

Sorry but I dont see any place on the board to attach a 3 pin servo cable. Here are a few pics. Thanks

Attachments

• gimbal board.jpg
    gimbal board.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 443
  • gimbal board1.jpg
    gimbal board1.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 408
Hmm. On the 2nd image, to the right of where the top cable connects, there are 2 sets of 6 holes.
That's actually 4 sets of 3 holes. One of those is for the pitch input.
Unfortunately, without either some docs or much clearer pictures, I can't tell which.

Edit: Found another picture of this board. It looks like the pins are labeled; pitch is the 2nd from the wire.
You could solder in a 3-pin right-angle header onto those holes, then attach a servo cable.
Or just solder the wires directly. Just identify the ground (probably nearest the edge), then the next will be +5V, then servo signal.

Thank you very much for your help!!!! BTW I contacted the company that 'supposedly' made this controller, here is their reply:

Dear Sir,
This board is not our design. Unfortunately, we cannot give any recommendations.

Have a nice day,
Andrew, Technical Support Engineer of BaseCam Electronics.

All I can say to anyone on this forum....BEWARE of buying from Witespy.com!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20