compatability

Reaction score
I have a flysight black pearl 32 channel receiver model RC801. Will an Immersion RC 600mw 5.8 GHz A/V Transmitter 7 channel work with the flysight? As I compared the channel / frequencies I see that the the tx frequencies line up with channel 4 frequency 1 thru 7.

Wayne

Yes and no. Most that have used a 32ch Black Pearl do not achieve perfect picture quality. The reasoning escapes me, but the 2 never really work together well. The best when working with an immersionrc system is to have the 7ch Black Pearl.

tgreenstone said:
Yes and no. Most that have used a 32ch Black Pearl do not achieve perfect picture quality. The reasoning escapes me, but the 2 never really work together well. The best when working with an immersionrc system is to have the 7ch Black Pearl.

+1. There is only 1 widespread, known compatibility issue around this forum and it's the ImmersionRC 600mW transmitter, with that 32ch Black Pearl. ANY other combination is fine, but that specific combination people often (not always, but often) have issues with.

doubledose: you said you HAVE the BP already yes? but it seems like you're looking for a transmitter? why not go for a Boscam TS353... your RC801 supports Boscam frequency sets as well so just get the TS353 and appropriate PnP cable.

don't fall into the "higher mW should give me a better performance" trap... antennas are the primary factor in your FPV performance.

Thanks Guys
I bought the flysight all in one kit and have been disappointed by its range. It came with the 2 cloverleaf antennas (CPA56) and the black square gain antenna. But I just don't get any range before the picture starts to break up. When I first got it I would say it was not the length of what a foot ball field is. That is where my first flights were. So I have played with many channel settings and repositioned the transmitter on the phantom a couple of times. I would say I am out a 800 -1000 feet now and start to loose picture. I would like to fly out farther than this. So my thought was that since the stock tx is only 200mw, I would look for a 400 - 600 mw transmitter and see what that would do. I know flysight has a 1200 and a 2000 mw transmitter. But I did not think I needed one of those.
I have read a lot about the cloverleaf antennas and thought these were a decent antenna that came with the setup. That is why I thought the next step might be a little better transmitter.
Thanks for the info
Wayne

PS Since I am fairly new to this. Asking questions is pretty cheap.

200mW is indeed a bit weak if you want to do more than a couple hundred meters. the TS353 400mW or ImmersionRC 600mW are both plenty of power (with proper antennas) to go 2km or more in a low-interference environment.

Right now how is your kit all tied together? did that kit come with some sort of plug and play cable for the transmitter? can you send a link to the kit?

OK so say you pick up a TS353 or IRC600, you may or may not need a $10 PnP cable based on the above question... not sure if we can use your existing cable or not but it's only $10

after that comes antennas... antennas make or break a FPV system they're really the most important part imo, so premium is the way to go. FPVLR makes some amazing kits to put a top quality omnidirectional antenna on your transmitter, and then 2 additional antenna for receiver: a pinwheel (omnidirectional, shorter range) and a helix (long range, directional).

So for example if you got a TS353 and the FPVLR antenna kit (including the PnP cable that's about $160 or so) that's easily a 2.5km+ FPV system again, in low interference environment. In a high interference environment (over a major city for example) with that same kit you'll lose your actual Remote Control before you lose FPV.

that kit doesn't seem to have included an iOSD Mini, did you get one separately? You definitely want to make sure you include one in a FPV setup so you have live telemetry data.

If you look close, you should notice that the plugs on the TX5802 and the TS832 you linked are different, so the cables you already have will not work... although unless you already added an iOSD Mini and cable, they won't work anyway since none of the cables in that kit support iOSD Mini.

The TS8xx series are regarded around here as not really the best transmitters, and further there aren't plug and play cables that support them. Of course you can do what you want with your own system but I would recommend you go with the TS353 which is half the price of the TS832 if you wait a minute for the discount popup...
then this PnP cable and an iOSD Mini for telemetry.
That equipment is all plug and play, and as I mentioned before if you put good antennas on it your FPV range will exceed the operational range of the Phantom itself, so you really don't need more power.

Yes I ordered the iosd mini separately and I am pretty sure that is the same cable I am using now also. I do appreciate your help. I will go ahead and try a TS353 and see how it works.
I was just on there sight looking at this and seen it is only 8 channel. Is it still compatible with my 32 channel black pearl?
Thanks again
Wayne

doubledose said:
Yes I ordered the iosd mini separately and I am pretty sure that is the same cable I am using now also. I do appreciate your help. I will go ahead and try a TS353 and see how it works.
I was just on there sight looking at this and seen it is only 8 channel. Is it still compatible with my 32 channel black pearl?
Thanks again
Wayne

The TS353 only has 8 channels, the ImmersionRC 600mW only has 7 channels I think, and the DJI AVL58 only has like 8 channels. Yep there are 32ch transmitters out there but many of them aren't. Your 32ch display supports all of them :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20