compass

Reaction score
hi! I like to put fpv on my freshly ordered phantom 2 H4-3D version3 but my question is:
is new compass will fit mini iosd ?
I can't find any videos to show that .
please help :)

hi! I like to put fpv on my freshly ordered phantom 2 H4-3D version3 but my question is:
is new compass will fit mini iosd ?
I can't find any videos to show that .
please help :)

First things first. Your P2 is v2 not a v3. Next the compass has not to do with the mini iOSD. The mini iOSD is part of a system which includes a GoPro camera, 5.8Ghz video transmitter and a diversity receiver/monitor. Do you have all the other equipment? There is a list of the equipment I use in red at the bottom of this post.

ok so where i can plug mini iosd to ?as i have new typo of compass witch is fix to phantom leg ?
is there anywhere inside free can-bus socket ?

ok so where i can plug mini iosd to ?as i have new typo of compass witch is fix to phantom leg ?
is there anywhere inside free can-bus socket ?

If you do not have any of the other equipment I mentioned if not then the mini iOSD is of no use to you with out it. The function of an iOSD device is to supply telemetry information of battery, altitude, distance, direction, speed, pitch and roll onto a monitor screen. Need I go further??

yes i have all :)
i just need advice where to connect mini iosd ?
as compas is fix to phantom leg

Watch these videos.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Couldn't find one that connected to the compass.

full

yes i have all :)
i just need advice where to connect mini iosd ?
as compas is fix to phantom leg
The Mini-OSD has a CANbus in and CANbus out for this purpose. There are dozens of different configurations of the P2 (which is why I love it), so only you can decide on the best installation of the iOSD on your P2. There's dozens of videos on You Tube describing various installations, but all of them will require some soldering.

No you can get plug and play cables for this . My problem is there is no CANbus to connect iosd , older models have one on the compass [emoji19]

and there is non videos showing connection on this phantom version

Upload a photo of the front legs of your P2 and not an extreme closeup.

What difference that gonna make ? This is my compass and no other cables are available

What difference that gonna make ? This is my compass and no other cables are available

If you don't what help just say so. The difference is we know about this product then you do and your the one asking for help. That's why!!

Very sory it is connector on the other leg
Sorry again Jason [emoji16]

Very sory it is connector on the other leg
Sorry again Jason [emoji16]

Yes that's the can-bus connector for the iOSD module. Why not take a photo of all the other equipment that will be used for your FPV (first person view) to see what you have so if changes are needed it can be done before testing.

If you noticed that the two videos I sent they are installing the iOSD inside the shell. It makes for a cleaner install plus they are using plug n play cables which both faster than soldering and safer. So if you follow those videos it you make your life a lot simplier. Here a photo on how I installed mine.
IMG_1551.jpg
IMG_1554.jpg

thanks for help :)
i notice you upgraded your antenna .is it worth spending more on better antennas ?

thanks for help :)
i notice you upgraded your antenna .is it worth spending more on better antennas ?

Before thinking about replacing antennas just work with what you have at hand to see how it works for you. Look you spend allot of money on equipment just to find out it's not working any better than what you already have.

Will do [emoji106]thanks for info i will update you on my progress

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31