Compass stuck error

Reaction score
I picked up my new P3A today after crashing my last bird, the first thing I did was update the firmware and performed a IMU and compass calibration, the problem is very now and again when I go to take off it comes up with a warning "Compass Stuck, Restart Aircraft. Contact DJI Support if this persists after restart". I've never encountered this before, any advice would be appreciated.

This is not a common compass error. Did restarting the aircraft and/or calibrating the compass fix it? If not, you should return it or contact DJI support for help.

If you purchased this brand new and are able to easily return it for a new one, then that would be the way to go.

I get this error intermittently too on my P3 Advance, as you said, a restart fixes it temporally.

My drones fairly new and haven't had any other issues, was planning on a IMU re-calibration when I get a chance before escalating. Interesting to hear if there's anything else that could be tried.

Nor is it 'part' of the IMU (calibration).

Faulty Compass, return to DJI or supplier, if you can solder you can change the compass PCB in the RH leg, rather than open up the drone. Either way the compass PCB is faulty.

Today I updated to the New DJI GO version 3.1.0 and it appears I'm not getting the compass warning anymore, seems a bit weird

I have also been seeing this issue. Updated to 3.1.0 and first flight was fine...second one the issue returned. Had to restart twice to get it to clear.

A week or so ago I rolled back to 2.9.1 (3.0.1 was not working very nicely on my Samsung Mega). However, I randomly got the Compass Stuck error this morning. Two restarts resolved it, for now.

Please update and tell me if it fixes your problem as well

Haven't had a chance to actually fly as the weather in the uk's grim. I did however spin the motors up 6 times without any problems, with a complete RC reboot between each one. I use to get the 'compas stuck' error which would prevent me from spinning the motors up, so potentially 3.1.0 has resolved the issue for me.

Will update once i've had a chance to fly...

Reactions: Sparky1963
I had exactly the same ; and did not even notice the warning as it came up and disappeared quickly( (only noticed on inspection on healthy drone). Drone hovered perfectly and good flight ! Tested everything back home and no further warning.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I get this occasionally as well (P3A upgraded to P3P), most often when I install a new battery after a flight and restart w/o turning off RC and/or App. Restarting bird has always taken care of it for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers