compass stuck error....no issues during flight

Reaction score
have seen the compass stuck error a few times now during my initiation to drone flight. today the p3s was a bit crankier than the couple of other times ive seen the error ( guessing 3 out of my 10 flights had the msg) . shut stuff down, re-started ,msg went away , no issue once airborn, good hover, no apparent flight issues. weather conditions were , 8c, no wind, light fog, out in rural living. i have read that cool temps may be a factor ? should i ground the drone ? its new , purchased the end of jan, but i dont think it was from an authorized dji dealer, but could be wrong. any thoughts, fixes, work arounds for " compass stuck" error ? google search has given me no clear answer, maybe software, maybe hardware , maybe government . lol i

thanks in advance
tim

Reactions: nixonO4
I will be watching to see if anyone has an answer. Lost one of mine across a lake a day ago,I got that msg during flight and lost gps during flight right before things went bad. The only data recorded was the flight distance. Now my other one is giving same msg. Planned on using one to look for the other but don't know now.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Yep I'll be watching too, had numerous issues the other day, "compass stuck" error during warm up, no issues whilst airborne...

Have you performed a compass calibration while away from any metal and electromagnetic interference? This would include your cellphone/tablet, those should probably be 10' away.
Assuming you have properly calibrated the compass, taking off near metal and such including concrete floors that have rebars in them.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

did the dance for the first handfull of flights, then read that its not needed unless you take the drone to a new location, many, many miles away. no concrete take off spots here, and the only metal during cal would be buttons or zippers within 10 or more feet.
i did fly today, just to discharge batteries, no stuck compass error . temp was 6 c, windy, mostly cloudy skies. on a side note, the drone held its horizontal well in the wind, but seemed to struggle with vertical, i was flying low , 10-15 feet, and at times it looked like it was going to land, then it would go up to 10-15 feet . it was windy tho, only 9 satts connected.

Received the same error twice when I started the drone up on my deck table and I always get strong interference message there also so moved startup location problem gone

Have you performed a compass calibration while away from any metal and electromagnetic interference? This would include your cellphone/tablet, those should probably be 10' away.
Assuming you have properly calibrated the compass, taking off near metal and such including concrete floors that have rebars in them.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I was literally in the middle of a sand island.....me and controller >30 ft away....

So after much effort trying to fix compass prob. Downgrade and all,which not able to downgrade I found. I had to send it in. I'm supposed to get it back tomorrow. We'll see how it goes. They haven't been real open about what they even did. Maybe something in the package will be somewhat informative.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4