Compass replacement

Reaction score
Hey folks,
I had a major crash with my P3S, it destroyed the camera. I replaced the camera this morning, and updated the firmware. The system needed compass calibration, and I tried several times bit kept getting an error message saying there was a magnetic field present.
After reading several posts about similar issues, my compass was more than likely damaged in the crash.
Does anyone know of a tutorial video on how to replace the compass?
Thanks in advance.
Gary V.

Did you do an imu cal too? Have you tried compass cal in a different location?

Heres a link on how to take shell apart..once you do that the compass should be easier... from what i understand the compass replacement on the standard is very similar to that of a phantom 2 vision+. Im sure someone will chime in..i couldnt find video for standard.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
Heres a link for the vision+ compass tutorial. They've all got to be very similar when it comes to breaking them down. @phxbird57 have you done this? Can you help on this one?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using PhantomPilots mobile app

Try this: Bring your ph3 in the fridge for about 5 minutes without the battery, then calibrate the imu and retry the compass calibration

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Try this: Bring your ph3 in the fridge for about 5 minutes without the battery, then calibrate the imu and retry the compass calibration

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Why?

The IMU responds to motion (i.e. inertia), the compass (a magnetometer) responds to magnetism.

One will not effect the other.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.