Compass Question

Reaction score
How weatherproof is the FC40 compass? Can I update to the new style?

I got rid of the compass by using the external GPS module which has compass built in. It sits on a stand 12 cms above the centre. Also makes it easier to do internal maintenance as the lid is no longer attached to the Naza.

Can you explain in a little more detail?

You can buy a DJI external compass from an RC shop.
I can post a pic of my FC40 when I get home.. Can't seem to do it from this phone ...

Great thanks!

I'm looking forward to you sharing some info too, Mandrake. :D

Here's the Photo of my FC40 - upgraded with Remzibi OSD , external GPS module , bandy legs , 2D gimbal - Controller is now 2.4 Ghz and the OSD runs at 5.8 Ghz ...Sorry but I chopped off the GPS doohicky at the top of the pole .. See the link below for what it looks like ...
Here's the link for the GPS ( I know it says its for the Naza Lite but it works fine on Naza M too ) ...
http://www.banggood.com/DJI-NAZA-Lite-Version-Multi-rotor-GPS-Module-p-86239.html
The reason for the external GPS was to make room above the Naza M for the Remzibi OSD board ...
In case you're wondering why the OSD monitor has a black background - Its because the camera lens cap is on to show the OSD data display better .. Mandrake

Attachments

• IMG_2015020819574.jpg
    IMG_2015020819574.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 499
Mandrake said:
Here's the Photo of my FC40 - upgraded with Remzibi OSD , external GPS module , bandy legs , 2D gimbal - Controller is now 2.4 Ghz and the OSD runs at 5.8 Ghz ...Sorry but I chopped off the GPS doohicky at the top of the pole .. See the link below for what it looks like ...
Here's the link for the GPS ( I know it says its for the Naza Lite but it works fine on Naza M too ) ...
http://www.banggood.com/DJI-NAZA-Lite-Version-Multi-rotor-GPS-Module-p-86239.html
The reason for the external GPS was to make room above the Naza M for the Remzibi OSD board ...
In case you're wondering why the OSD monitor has a black background - Its because the camera lens cap is on to show the OSD data display better .. Mandrake

I have a Remzibi OSD on the way from Bang good ,do I need anything to set it up with like a usb cable etc.?
Or is it just plug and play? I have the Naza m ,Mini Iosd,PMU with a Naza lite gps ,and 5.8 receiver transplanted onto a F450 with a 2.4 ghz fpv transmitter . Everything works great...but I want to check out the Remzibi

Wayne

It works straight out of the box .. you can change the screen around but you need an FTDI ,USB thing to do it . One of mine had Chinese characters before the items and I haven't been able to change them . The Bang good one is in English . Very easy to setup especially if you don't have the GPD board inside the Phantom top cover which you don't have on a 450 !!

Mandrake said:
It works straight out of the box .. you can change the screen around but you need an FTDI ,USB thing to do it . One of mine had Chinese characters before the items and I haven't been able to change them . The Bang good one is in English . Very easy to setup especially if you don't have the GPD board inside the Phantom top cover which you don't have on a 450 !!

Thanks for the info, now if the boat form China would get here...

All I want to know is can I use the waterproof compass off the P2v+ on my FC40!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QGK ... _i=desktop

I ordered this for my Fc40 after I installed extended legs on the Phantom and used a magnetic screw driver. :eek: I was able to reset the compass with a magnet and didn't use the new one. It had the same connection ,so I would say yes it would work.
P.S ..don't use a magnetic screwdriver on the Phantom...

That's just what I was thinking. I'll give a shot and report back. Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31