compass question

Reaction score
Phantom 2.
GPS mode, other switch in home lock mode.
I flip the right switch 5 times per manual, do the first rotation. No light change.
Flip the 6th time and do the other rotation. No light change.
Turn the bird battery off, then power up again.
All lights flash a few times then the yellow lights come on steady again.
Why?
If I have the right switch in atti mode, all lights come on as normal and ready to fly.

OK, I'll give you a hand here as I know this one. The other Gentleman is right on the Manual however it is also in the quick start guide and many posts on "YouTube"
Power on the Controller > Power on the Phantom > Put both switches (silver toggles) in the upper most position > Toggle the right hand switch (S1) from the uppermost position to the lowest position 6-10 times rapidly (I do it 10 times) > In this order first turn the Phantom 360 Degrees in the horizontal position > Then put the nose down (Battery facing up) and rotate the Phantom another 360 Degrees with the nose down. That is it. If you still don't understand check out "YouTube" for "Compass Calibration" There are several Tutorials there where you can see the actual process.
I might add that it may be a good idea to find someone in your area that is familiar with the Phantom to give you a hand learning. Please don't take this the wrong way but. Compass Calibration is basic and very important. Also check into some Prop Guards to use while learning so no one gets hurt. Also go to a large open area without people around to practice flying. Read the Manual especially on the "Go Home" function of the Phantom, it will come in handy, trust me!

There is no instruction to flip S1 after beginning compass compensation.

Swanee that flip switch once is incase original cal didn't take - recheck the chart you posted (that box below center is confusing)

Suwaneeguy said:
http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Phantom_2-Calibrating_the_Compass

The instructions here say, "flip s1 at least 5 times".
Begin horizontal.
Flip s1 once. Begin vertical.

Which is what I did.
I will try it again later and see what happens.

You are misreading the instructions. The "flip once" instruction refers to recalibrating if the first attempt fails. Follow the arrows in the diagram.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues