Compass on a P3S

Reaction score
Hi all does the compass calibration appear all the time on the GO app...as it is always there on my app even after I did a calibration..
1515136283119.png

That's normal unless you are prompted to perform a calibration whilst in camera view. Even then, you should ensure that your flying location is not surrounded by steel or possible electrical inteference. If so, move to another location and check to see if the message still appears.
All good.

Okay thanks for the reply and info... Going to do a flight in "windy" conditions today on open farm lands and don't want any surprises ..
Take it steady if you are new to the game. Fly into the wind on the way out and come back with it on the way in. Oh yeah, fully charged battery at all times to avoid the 'my drone didn't make it back' heartache.

This will be about my 5th flight and 2nd out of Beginners mode ;).. so no far distance flights just want to see how it handles the wind ..:)

Since it going to be windy you'll notice it will move around bit more than normal and sometimes make for bit of tricky landing because revs are low the wind could flip it on touch down so keep a spot in mind where you can come down safe,you'll know what I mean when you have those moments,but it keeps ya on your toes,as @tevek mentioned fly out into it and come back with the wind,if something should happen rth speed is not to great and runs that risk of leaving the scene, no fly here today got a minor storm so enjoy your flight

Hi all does the compass calibration appear all the time on the GO app...as it is always there on my app even after I did a calibration..View attachment 92987
That's not a warning to calibrate your compass.
It's just the button to use if you had to calibrate the compass.
But there should never be any need to calibrate your compass unless you add equipment to the Phantom or rebuild it after a crash.

I 've had my P3S for over a year now , only calibrated 3 times , twice first week when new and once after new firmware and imu calibration , occasionally I get an abnormal compass warning in a good area for no reason , all I do is power everything down , remove and reinsert battery and all is good , I think sometimes the phantom creates it 's own interference ;)

When you say "windy", how much wind are you expecting?

Been there. Do-able and exciting. Kudos.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik