Compass Mod Value

Reaction score
i have aP3P with some issues that need corrected. So I bought a brand new P3A from Best buy last week. I updated everything and did a imu calibration twice on a perfectly level surface. The compass mod value is showing around 1900. On my P3P it was always between 1400 and 1500. I haven't taken it outside to do the compass calibration yet. Could that the reason for the high mod value or should I just return it for another new one? Thanks in advance!

Yeah, 1400-1500 would be normal. I wouldn't try returning it until you've calibrated the compass. Does the app give any compass warnings?

Mine is 3050 but fluctuates a little
Yikes! If it were mine, I'd be very concerned about a value that was about 2x the ideal value.
If it continues to read very high as you noted, check it again in a different location. If it is still way off as it is now, it could need calibration or it could be magnetized or damaged.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe
The mod value varies with enviroment, see what it is when you get it in a clear area. It should be close to the P3P given they have the same hardware as P3A (camera excepted).

Reactions: JoBe
Sorry my bad, I had it on my kitchen worktop and under that is the frezzer, on the floor is 1500 :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31