Compass matinance needed and 2 red blinking lights

Reaction score
Went to fly the other day and the DJI app displayed a message that said compass matinance needed then compass calibration. I calibrated the compass 2 times got the green lights to flash. Then it would go right back to red blinking lights. Was linked to 8 satilights also. Anyone else have this problem?

Hook it up to your laptop and see what the compass mods are, ideally they should be between 1200-1800.
Try a basic and advanced calibration in the assistant software then calibrate in the field and try a test flight no more than 15ft in the air just in case.

The other day I turned on the Phantom2Vision to change the camera setting. I got a warning to calibrate the compass on my app. I had never seen that before. The last flight was perfect. After thinking about it later I realized I have the Phantom sitting on a speaker cabinet. I believe the speaker magnets likely affected it. I will of course re-calibrate before the next flight.

Geo

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
Hook it up to your laptop and see what the compass mods are, ideally they should be between 1200-1800.
Try a basic and advanced calibration in the assistant software then calibrate in the field and try a test flight no more than 15ft in the air just in case.

I will give that a shot. Also lately i have been getting the calibrate compass message almost every time i conect to the phantom with the app. wonder if my compass is on the way out?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj