Compass issues

Reaction score
Hello fellow pilots, your help would be much appreciated. I am having an issue with my p4p+ it is constantly going into atti mode, it will usually have about 5 good minutes and then it gets a little unstable and will leave gps mode but not for long, sometimes it switches back and forth so rapidly that the bird kind of like twitches when it falls out of gps. The compass error warning has popped up a few times but it eventually goes away.this has been at several diff locations so it's not that, I'm thinking I need to try something like the cfixer. Because I have tried to degausse with one of those wands from china that are made for arcade games but it didn't help. OH and it has asked me to calibrate a few times but it won't let me it always fails because of magnetic interference..I just replaced the skids so I'm actually using new compasses and it seems like these ones have picked up where the others left off. Now, I would have rather posted this with flight data but I forgot how to do all that lol, so if you would like to be of help, let me know how I can get them off the bird and post them here..or if anyone has any ideas of what it could be other than the compass im all ears..thank you very much

If you can’t get away from mag interference, it might be on your person. Phone or key fob or something magnitized even pacemaker. Have you tried an IMU calibration? Fixes many weird flight problems. Done in app on level surface. Looking for something simple. Good luck

Yes it says both connected and the values jump from all over the place never at a constant number...calibration if Imu is what gets me the initial 5 mins lol ( I think) cuz I will bring it in and do either Imu cal or humble adjustment and I'll get gps again momentary

Yes it says both connected and the values jump from all over the place never at a constant number...calibration if Imu is what gets me the initial 5 mins lol ( I think) cuz I will bring it in and do either Imu cal or humble adjustment and I'll get gps again momentary
IMU will have nothing to do with the compass. If the compass readings are jumping around, something is effecting them. Anything attached to the drone?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.