Compass issue

Reaction score
So last Sunday I crashed my p3p into a tree broke the camera gimbal yaw arm and flat cable. Since I was waiting on parts I decided to take apart and paint the shell. Now that I have everything put back together I'm having a electromagnetic interference problem when trying to calibrate the compass any suggestions

Sometimes help from the membership takes more than a few minutes.

I hope you didn't use some kind of weird paint that interferes with the compass.

I think the first step is to calibrate the IMU. That could very well solve your problem.

Reactions: iAm and forshiggles
Your right man that's my fault but do you think the IMU could have something to do with the interference

If the IMU is off, then there's plenty of other things that could be off including the compass. So yeah.

Did you by chance use a sprayer with any type of grounding wire?

Thank you for the replies marknmd honestly I'm looking into just picking up another pro craft they have them at dji store for 339 but would still like to get this one going. As it was my first phantom and I loved it

Ok good so not likely the paint or application.
Any way you could have moved someting inside enough to cause compass blockage?

It has interference at any location?

Can you see the compass wires thru the right side of battery compartment and there are no visible issues and it is connected at the nav board end?

So after taking the shell back apart I found the grey wire for the compass was pinched between the top and bottom shell. Hoping that's the problem

So after taking the shell back apart I found the grey wire for the compass was pinched between the top and bottom shell. Hoping that's the problem

Good deal, maybe that was the issue. If not it shouldn't be where it can rub in two anyway.

After taking a better look around the craft and of the pics I took from the tare down just the compass wire is damaged and in three spots idk how it could have happened but I'll order one and update

After taking a better look around the craft and of the pics I took from the tare down just the compass wire is damaged and in three spots idk how it could have happened but I'll order one and update
Wow. Too bad but a good find.

I believe that is Part # 11 but double check. should be an easy plug and play.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr