Compass issue?

Reaction score
I had an issue where, on start up, after self check, P2 would have solid red lights and no response to input. After much research I concluded that the (older style) compass was B/O. I replaced it with the newer anti static compass and all seemed to be ok, but this weekend I had the same solid red issue. After restarting a few times, removing and reinstalling the battery it seemed to do fine.

What's going on?

One other piece of information: The battery I was using I purchased from Frys, it is a genuine DJI battery but when I've hooked everything to my composted, the DJI software has given me a "non-genuine" battery message. I remove and reinstall and this error goes away.

Any help is appreciated!

check the 2 prong connectors within the p2 battery compartment see if 1 of the 2 prongs are able to push in and spring back out with it's own force from the spring. the 2 prongs are what gives the quad the information from the battery and allows it to start the unlock sequence.

Both prongs are able to push in and spring back on their own. Any other ideas?

Connect it to phantom assistance software in a pc or Mac. Do an advanced imu and compass calibration on a completely flat surface.

I’m just spit balling ideas also. ive personally have not had any issues. As of yet , but I’ve only had my P2 non vision for 1 month and 12 battery packs in.

I will try IMU calibration. But I'm pretty stumped. It is not entirely impossible for me to have purchased a fake battery either...

Try to do a firmware update on the battery and main board. Maybe it’s out of date with each other. My P2 is updated fully including the gimbal. I’m fairly happy. Wished the gps had just a little more locking power but I can live with the small 2-5 foot radius drift.

Try to do a firmware update on the battery and main board. Maybe it’s out of date with each other. My P2 is updated fully including the gimbal. I’m fairly happy. Wished the gps had just a little more locking power but I can live with the small 2-5 foot radius drift.

There are no firmware updates for the battery.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie