Compass Issue (App / software issue)

Reaction score
Hello,

First time poster and I have searched forum regarding issue.
I'm trying to calibrate the compass using the DJI Go app. Each time I click 'ok' calibrate compass, nothing happens. I've re downloaded the app, yet nothing happens. IMU says normal.

I've gone into a field and tried, so it's not interference issue. Any idea?

Thank you kindly,

B

You need to be connected to the Phantom at the time, which I think you are as you are getting the error message. When you click on "Camera" to get the flight display there is a pop up window that gives some general readings. Is it this screen that is reporting that you need to calibrate? When you click on the error message what happens? It should pop up a window with instructions on how to calibrate.

Are you rotating the aircraft on two different axes as directed, or just having it sit on the ground?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks for the replies. I am connected to Phantom and in the camera screen. I can see what the phantom camera sees.

I click on Calibrate and nothing happens. The box just disappers - the software doesn't go move forward to the next pop up screen where you rotate the drone on it's axis.

I feel it's a software issue with the app.

It actually won't move forward on the software to where you rotate the drone to calibrate compass. I understand that part.

B

Brendo, when Go opens up and you hit camera it brings you to the screen where the top is IMU and warming up. the second line is compass, there is a calibration icon but for me it dosn't calibrate either. You have to go to the next screen I'm not shure if it is the Advanced setting or another icon below the compass and IMU, i don't have my bird with me now. The screen shows green bars with IMU and compass quality, on the bottom, on that screen you will have the calibrate compass, tap and you will see the green lights on the bird turn yellow and flash, do the horrizontal 360 and they will stop flashing do the 360 vertical camera pointing down and when complete the lights will turn green, you should be calibrated.

Hi Erised - thank u.

I went into advanced settings and I think I can see what you're talking about. It shows the IMU data. However, nothing is showing up there - no data on the IMU readings. I can see the calibrate button at bottom for IMU and Compass, but can't click on them. The IMU on home screen says normal but it keeps telling to me to calibrate compass.

It's connected somewhat to the drone as I can see the camera from the drones point of view. However, I can't seem to calibrate it.

I think it's a app issue.

What version of the P3? P3A P S or 4k?

Simple stuff first.
You've stated twice that you think it's an app issue, and it very well could be.
Have you tried a clean re-install of the app?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Hey, I just purchased a new p3a and the same thing is happening. I hit calibrate and nothing happens. When I look at advanced settings there is no compass info and I can't click calibrate IMU. Did you figure out your issue?

Thanks,
Jon

Hey, I just purchased a new p3a and the same thing is happening. I hit calibrate and nothing happens. When I look at advanced settings there is no compass info and I can't click calibrate IMU. Did you figure out your issue?

Thanks,
Jon
I am not sure if you are mixing up two things here or if I am misunderstanding you.

The compass calibration is initiated from the Aircraft menu while connected to the Phantom. It needs to be a live connection (where you can see the image transmitted from the Phantom's camera on your tablet/smart phone).

You click on the Calibrate button, verify that you actually intended to do the calibration, and then perform the compass dance: one full 360 turn with the Phantom horizontally in your hands, and one full turn with the nose of the Phantom pointing straight down towards the ground. You should see the lights on the arms change color to green after each turn (check the manual for details).

The IMU calibration is a different thing, initiated from the Advanced menu under the Sensors section. This is quite a delicate process that should be done with the Phantom being cooled down to normal ambient air temperature (i.e. not directly after a flight) and with the Phantom being perfectly level (using a spirit level for instance).

//Tom

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj