Compass Errors _ All flights _ calibrated many times?

Reaction score
I know I have been reading about all these compass errors and doing it properly make sure and open field etc. etc. etc.… I don't know what's going on with my phantom three advanced.I have been dealing with this for a while I have the insurance from Dji... I do not know what to do. Is it my area? I mean I flew in Pennsylvania New York upstate New York New York City Staten Island New York.… if someone could take a look at my flights I would really appreciate it. I don't know what to do this is a very expensive hobby to me I love it but not with these error's??

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
I know I have been reading about all these compass errors and doing it properly make sure and open field etc. etc. etc.… I don't know what's going on with my phantom three advanced.I have been dealing with this for a while I have the insurance from Dji... I do not know what to do. Is it my area? I mean I flew in Pennsylvania New York upstate New York New York City Staten Island New York.… if someone could take a look at my flights I would really appreciate it. I don't know what to do this it was a very expensive hobby to me I love it but not with all this nonsense
Are you getting compass errors all the time?
No-one here can see any of your flights - this isn't DJI.
But if you give some explanation someone may be able to help.

I know I have been reading about all these compass errors and doing it properly make sure and open field etc. etc. etc.… I don't know what's going on with my phantom three advanced.I have been dealing with this for a while I have the insurance from Dji... I do not know what to do. Is it my area? I mean I flew in Pennsylvania New York upstate New York New York City Staten Island New York.… if someone could take a look at my flights I would really appreciate it. I don't know what to do this it was a very expensive hobby to me I love it but not with all this nonsense

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
If you retrieve the .DAT file for one of these flights we may be able to determine a cause. Go here for information on retrieving the .DAT file.

It will be a large file so you'll need to Dropbox it and post the link here. This is the usual way of providing the .DAT.

I hope I am doing this correct. These were from today...I don't get it? Maybe I have a defective compass?

I had a crash which dji replaced under warranty. The replacement P3A they shipped had compass errors from first flight every second or so. Nothing worked reset IMU, calibrated in remote location etc etc nothing would result in a flight which did not give me a compass error. It was faulty confirmed by DJI result was I sent it back to DJI under DOA they shipped me replacement which appears to be ok.

Probably you will have to push DJI to replace it.

I have the "insurance" on it but I don't know the best way to go about it. I mean it's every flight doesn't matter what I do. I have done IMU but not a cold one? I just want it to work the way it should lol

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I have the "insurance" on it but I don't know the best way to go about it. I mean it's every flight doesn't matter what I do. I have done IMU but not a cold one? I just want it to work the way it should lol

If that's the case...then you should focus on what info the more senior members have to share with you.

I am not 100% sure but I think you need to upload something that looks like this "DJIFlightRecord_2016-02-12_[15-33-10].txt"

I hope I am doing this correct. These were from today...I don't get it? Maybe I have a defective compass?
I looked at the .DAT for the 4 flights you provided. Two of them, FLY114 and FLY112, didn't have any compass errors. FLY111 had a few compass errors but the P3 had just landed and was very close to the house.
upload_2016-10-11_6-18-16.png

upload_2016-10-11_6-18-29.png

It's not unusual to encounter a compass error in this situation.

That leaves FLY113 being the only flight having in flight compass errors. I was unable to find the cause of these compass errors

I need to finish this later if that's ok. Had to run off to video the neighbors concrete pour

Reactions: Jeff.O
Guess I should have updated the page before posting. :)

Thanks for looking for me!! I was having some errors over the ocean? And over a marsh.. it flew away..

Thanks for looking for me!! I was having some errors over the ocean? And over a marsh.. it flew away..

That makes me feel much better about the situation. I was looking through the file and it kept coming up to me how long of a flight you flew with your aircraft spitting out warnings. Now that you cleared that up is helpful.

One thing that stands out to me so far is it shows you flew the majority of this flight in F-mode. I haven't checked yet if you took the time to establish Home Point before lift off or not. Still looking it over each chance I get.

I had the same issue with a brand new P3P. I tried everything calibration wise. I was about to replace the compass module. I did have one ordered but decided to return it. Since then I have a new one. It had an earlier FW installed when it arrived and from an earlier batch. The one I returned had 1.8.80 The new one something like 1.6 if I recall correctly. No compass errors yet.

I had the same issue with a brand new P3P. I tried everything calibration wise. I was about to replace the compass module. I did have one ordered but decided to return it. Since then I have a new one. It had an earlier FW installed when it arrived and from an earlier batch. The one I returned had 1.8.80 The new one something like 1.6 if I recall correctly. No compass errors yet.

Are you saying that the compass module is what contains the firmware? Please explain in a little more detail on the "Before" and "After" Compass Module install....

Sorry for the mixup. I tried calibrating the IMU and compass several times (cold IMU, compass on a field out in nowhere etc). After scanning the net I found it might be an idea to replace the compass module. I ordered one. But I decided to return the P3 instead. I purchased a new P3P which is still behaving OK. Seems like there is another guy having the same issue here, and it also looks like a compass module in mentioned in the thread.. Hmmmmm can't get the URL to stick.. It's some entries below in theis area of the forum with the following subject: Still Can't Get The Compass To Calibrate??????????

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl