Compass error

Reaction score
Hi All.
twice now in different locations i have had the dreaded compass error,, on my P3A
Both times i have switched to atti mode and managed to bring the bird home,
really not sure what causes this though.
No buildings, trees, power lines etc.
Any help much appreciated.

I had same issue, had a good flight at Montrose on first battery (though auto return on low battery failed to trigger so was an uncomfortable wait for it to return the 2.5k back to the beach), then loaded the second battery and sent it up only to be in the air no more than 20s and had a compass error flash up, craft was happy "leaving" me, but forced it back to home and landed then went through a gimble config and compass config, back in the air and then had quite seriously bad signal quality issues and repeat compass errors on bringing back, this was before 1pm today GMT

I had same issue, had a good flight at Montrose on first battery (though auto return on low battery failed to trigger so was an uncomfortable wait for it to return the 2.5k back to the beach), then loaded the second battery and sent it up only to be in the air no more than 20s and had a compass error flash up, craft was happy "leaving" me, but forced it back to home and landed then went through a gimble config and compass config, back in the air and then had quite seriously bad signal quality issues and repeat compass errors on bringing back, this was before 1pm today GMT
Interesting

Interesting
That's weird. It was my second battery when all my errors triggered. Wonder if a cold battery may be the issue. But somehow I doubt it. I've done all the usual checks and calibrations IMU and compass. Everything seems ok then mid flight compass errors. Bloody scary

Worrying, might go and do another test flight in a min, not done a night flight yet, (kinda pointless video wise) but it has the advantage of clear visibility of the glowing flashing object in the sky :)

Worrying, might go and do another test flight in a min, not done a night flight yet, (kinda pointless video wise) but it has the advantage of clear visibility of the glowing flashing object in the sky :)
Night flights are fun. Let me know how you get on Al

Not getting Compass issues, but still had range issues (loss of signal), flew again this morning (new battery used) and no issues at all, working great, winds a bit of an issue now or might re-try the "dodgy" battery

Not getting Compass issues, but still had range issues (loss of signal), flew again this morning (new battery used) and no issues at all, working great, winds a bit of an issue now or might re-try the "dodgy" battery
Thanks Al. Next time I'm out I'll try same locations with same batteries. I'll let you know how I get on. Be great if other people could join in if they can help with compass error or signal issues.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers