Compass Error?

Reaction score
I did a imu calibration and now I'm getting a compass error message. What happened and how can I fix it?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Do not believe the error if you powered up somewhere near metal or where there might be some magnetic interference (like in your garage, for instance). If you are getting the compass error in an area free of metal, rebar, etc... (like in an open field, for instance), calibrate the compass.

You are getting error as you are close to magnetic materials. Move to another location and select a flat leveled surface to start calibration again. Take these messages very seriously.

Take off your watch and anything else like that. Stand in the middle of your garden or field. Then re-calibrate. You have not stuck anything extra on your drone have you? The compass is situated on one of the legs if my memory serves me right.

I have seen guys trying to re-calibrate the compass stood next to their cars etc. :)

I've found when standing in a certain spot near my dog's electric fence line it results in a failed calibration. This is never an issue because I have lots of land to use

Thanks guys. I was worried for a bit but I tried it again in a different spot and everything's working again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik