Compass error turn off p gps

Reaction score
I have flown in this certain area before and it was fine, but today it gave me that error 40m up and it drifted away out of control it was going to hit a tree, so I brought it down quickly but as it was going forward very fast it bounced and tipped over, what is the cause of this error anyone?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I have been having the same issue after the app updated I moved to 4 different locations and Everytime compass error and minor crashes.

I was out 3 days earlier before the app updated no issues.

Need help !!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

First learn to fly in P mode, it's very important to know how to fly in case you loose gps. Try an IMU and compass calibration and see if that helps

What was the certain area? Any reason to suspect you may have a GPS or compass issue? Did you get any warnings in the app? Rather than the AC being out of control I think it's more likely that it simply switched out of GPS mode and you panicked trying to bring it down. You could have performed a smooth landing.

First learn to fly in P mode, it's very important to know how to fly in case you loose gps. Try an IMU and compass calibration and see if that helps

I believe you meant to say "Learn to fly in "ATTI" mode.

AD

Did you calibrate the compass just before flight? it is possible to calibrate the compass in an area where the magnetic field is distorted (this will be recorded as normal). Obviously flying with this calibration the compass is likely to depict an incorrect heading flying away from the area you calibrated for. The phantom deals with discrepancies between compass heading and expected values by switching to ATTI mode (ignoring GPS data). It won't fly away by itself, you can fly it back and land. RTH should not be used however as if it engages it likely won't land back at the home point.

I have flown in this certain area before and it was fine, but today it gave me that error 40m up and it drifted away out of control it was going to hit a tree, so I brought it down quickly but as it was going forward very fast it bounced and tipped over, what is the cause of this error anyone?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
I have been having the same issue after the app updated.. I do a compass calibration and and the error goes away.. But now the drone does not hold as well when I first got it.. I lift off now and it just goes all over the place for the first 50 feet or so and the same when I land, I have to keep it from drifting around much harder to land now.. worked fine before loved it.. dont know any more...
going to try the IMU calibration on sunday..
Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31