Compass error/Atti mode switch?

Reaction score
So I just got home from flying yesterday and I had a weird experience. I did a IMU and gimbal calibration today. I went to my location, did the usual compass dance, put it in the air, stable, put it up about 80 feet and started flying and got a compass/atti mode error and I pulled it back real quick, it kept drifting as it said it went into ATTI mode, my heart sank for about 3 seconds because it just kept drifting and GPS finally kicked back in. Rest of the flight was ok. What would cause it to do that?

Had a similar experience a few days ago (Loss of GPS to ATTI) . The wind took the quad sideways quite quickly. I was in an open area so the wind would do this (approx. 200ft up) in ATTITUDE mode as previously mentioned.

I was caught off guard for a few seconds and realised what was happening and took control. Just conscious of this now are prepared to counter the effect of the wind. It's only happened once though.

I've also have had this happen to me. I was about 1500 ft away from the TX. Thank goodness I've flow some quads before with gps assistance and was able to bring it home without issue.

I have today a one really bad experience with my p3, it take 10 years of my life for sure. I was at open area (beach), and I felt a little bit of wind so I decide to land and quit with flight. In that moment my P3 start losing control, and when I look on my tab, I saw COMPAS ERROR. I was scared and I just try to go up (because he goes down and near houses). After 10 seconds finally he find GPS and I land with my P3 normally. What was wrong? Is problem with wind (but really not so strong)?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic