Compass error / atti mode question

Reaction score
I am New to the site and leaning a lot.

Thanks to all that contribute. this is great source of information and learning at lot about my P3 Pro :)

here are my newb questions:

Lets assume I take off in P mode and during the flight I get a compass error message during the flight ...Should I manually switch to atti mode and regain control and land ? I believe it will it automatically switch to P atti mode while still in P mode but will P atti allow me to control manually, is not switching to atti the correct procedure?

also Is there a message that comes up if the GPS signal is lost? (probably unlikely I know ) but what would be the procedures ?

Many Thanks !!

Lets assume I take off in P mode and during the flight I get a compass error message during the flight ...Should I manually switch to atti mode and regain control and land
If you're not able to control your Phantom in P mode, then switch to A mode (ATTI). If you still have control, then switching to A mode is not necessary.

Is there a message that comes up if the GPS signal is lost?
No. Your Phantom will auto switch to P-ATTI mode -- and, then back to P-GPS mode when it reconnects to 6+ satellites. You'll see "Safe to Fly (GPS)" at the top, center of the DJI GO app when you're in P-GPS mode.

Check this video, you can see what happens, when Compass error kick in..(Compass error came on 05:00).
It switch automatic to P-ATTI and before landing, I Switch to A-mode.

Thanks for the video !! ..much appreciated .
so I see when the compass error happened and it changed to P-atti mode you had sufficient control to bring it back without manually switching to atti , then you switched to atti to land.
This is good to see first hand so that if this happens I can deal with the situation.
Did you ever find out why the compass error?

Thanks for the video !! ..much appreciated .
so I see when the compass error happened and it changed to P-atti mode you had sufficient control to bring it back without manually switching to atti , then you switched to atti to land.
This is good to see first hand so that if this happens I can deal with the situation.
Did you ever find out why the compass error?
I think, place I was perform compass calibration, there was something interference. Since then, I have not perform compass calibration before flight, if I have not tavel far (50 km) from previous flight location...

I think, place I was perform compass calibration, there was something interference. Since then, I have not perform compass calibration before flight, if I have not tavel far (50 km) from previous flight location...
For Information

I took mine 150 miles from where I normally fly, did not recalibrate the compass and flew about 20 flights with no issues.

I had the same thing happen to me...but it happened right after takeoff and resulted in the quad going backwards and crashing about 5' off the ground...no damage, but I still have no idea why this happened as I had 10 seats locked. It happened so fast I could do nothing.

I had the same thing happen to me...but it happened right after takeoff and resulted in the quad going backwards and crashing about 5' off the ground...no damage, but I still have no idea why this happened as I had 10 seats locked. It happened so fast I could do nothing.
There may be ferrous present in the soil on a piece of metal close to the surface which could result in a compass error and cause this issue. Mesh or rebar in concrete will also do this if it is close enough to the surface.

Could be, but I didn't calibrate the compass and always fly in the same spot...kinda weird, no good explanation, but it sounds like others have had this issue where it just switches out of p-gps and into atti mode, even with plenty of seats locked.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20