Compass error after an emergency landing on the roof of a building.

Hey. Today the following happened. My drone made an emergency landing on the roof of the building (landing because of low battery power). The drone with its screws touched the wire. No damage - I replaced one screw. Charged the battery - took off - compass error. I calibrated the compass - the error does not disappear. Give advice on how to fix the problem.

Meta4

Staff member
Hey. Today the following happened. My drone made an emergency landing on the roof of the building (landing because of low battery power). The drone with its screws touched the wire. No damage - I replaced one screw. Charged the battery - took off - compass error. I calibrated the compass - the error does not disappear. Give advice on how to fix the problem.
A common cause of a compass error is having a disconnected compass.
Go into the Sensor section of your app settings and see what it tells you about the compass.
If it's disconnected, it won't calibrate until that's fixed.
The cause of disconnection could be a broken wire in the landing gear or a loose connection to the mainboard.

Are you saying that one of your props touched a wire as your drone was landing on the roof of the building and that you replaced the prop?
Did you do the compass calibration while still on the roof? Were you able to complete the compass calibration or did you get an error during the calibration process?

YOU Better Be more careful.......In your future drone flying......You might not be so Lucky to still have a Drone in "one piece" like you do with ONLY a malfunction of a internal instrument and with the next low battery and "Emergency Landing" You might Not be
so Lucky !

Them screws are very very tiny......you say you replaced one...just where did you get it at or from ?

What wire? Why did you replace a screw? Make sure you calibrated correctly. Try to calibrate again in a different place.
I do not know which wire touched. Maybe 220 volts. A little cracked screw. I calibrated the compass in different places. Calibration does not help

A common cause of a compass error is having a disconnected compass.
Go into the Sensor section of your app settings and see what it tells you about the compass.
If it's disconnected, it won't calibrate until that's fixed.
The cause of disconnection could be a broken wire in the landing gear or a loose connection to the mainboard.
Understood. Thanks for the advice. Tomorrow afternoon I will disassemble my drone and check the wire from the compass

Are you saying that one of your props touched a wire as your drone was landing on the roof of the building and that you replaced the prop?
Did you do the compass calibration while still on the roof? Were you able to complete the compass calibration or did you get an error during the calibration process?
Calibration is always successful. It passes successfully in any location.

YOU Better Be more careful.......In your future drone flying......You might not be so Lucky to still have a Drone in "one piece" like you do with ONLY a malfunction of a internal instrument and with the next low battery and "Emergency Landing" You might Not be
so Lucky !

Them screws are very very tiny......you say you replaced one...just where did you get it at or from ?
I replaced the screw or propeller. translator translates badly.

736576369_w640_h640_large_938a9896.jpg

If your talking the screws that hold the cover of the compass, those are special non magnetic screws. Normal screws will cause compass problems
Yesterday I took the time to do my drone. I read many articles about compass errors. And I decided that my compass is magnetized. In the local service, my compass is demagnetized special device. Called a Cfixer. And everything became good, there are no problems.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hagar1951