Compass controversy.

Reaction score
I have heard a lot about how the compass will not cause a flyaway.
Well I had a bad crash, I had to replace the shell. All went well, I did a full cal.
I test flew the P2 several flits. All was good. The diamond on the OSD was orientated rite.
One day fly fine the next day fly fine- but one thing. I was lucky that I saw it before I got to far away.
The diamond shaped icon on the OSD was of 180 degrees. When the phantom was facing away from me the diamond was in the center of the screen. And when it was facing toward me the diamond was gone.
Now if I was flying and I tried to get back home with the OSD, I would be going away from me. And I checked this and that is what it did.
Now if I had not noticed that the diamond was off, and I flew out of sight, I would not be able to get it back.
And if it went in to RTH, where would it go ?????? And a compass cal, dance fixed the problem.
So flame on. Because ,I know it happened. And your in put is valuable to me.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Dude, you're opening a can of worms here.

We have the:
Hatfield's which preach from atop their stack of "almost" biblical documents stating "NO".
And then we have the McCoy's which will do the same preaching "YES".
If you don't know who they are, google it.

In my opinion, there are too many variables to determine exactly what has and will go wrong. The more data we have to analyze, the better.
So my suggestion is that you get a DVR which documents your flight data. When things go haywire, you can submit your data to our resident brainiacs.

Where would it go?
Yea, you're new here, right? :p

Just kidding, I know you are. I also know that where it will go, can't be predicted. It seems to like water.
Thanks for your post, can-o-worms or not.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20