Compass calibration?

Reaction score
I have a P3S, I was told that I don't have to calibrate the compass, if I'm flying in the same location day after day. Today, flew in the same location as I have a few days ago. I didn't do the calibration dance before taking off. I noticed a difference in staying steady in a hover. It didn't seem to stay locked on. Home point was updated, but drifted more then usual with 9 mph wind. So my question is do I calibrate compass before every flight?

I have a P3S, I was told that I don't have to calibrate the compass, if I'm flying in the same location day after day. Today, flew in the same location as I have a few days ago. I didn't do the calibration dance before taking off. I noticed a difference in staying steady in a hover. It didn't seem to stay locked on. Home point was updated, but drifted more then usual with 9 mph wind. So my question is do I calibrate compass before every flight?
I have a p3s as well and I don't think you need to recalibrate if you are in the same lol cation from what I have seen, but I recalibrate mine before every flight regardless of location

1. What you think you saw had nothing to do with the compass.
If your compass is ever out, what you'll see is that it flies a curve rather than straight and will slowly spiral.
You can go for months without calibrating the compass.
Read this to get an understanding of what compass calibration is all about and when you need to do it.
Compass Calibration, A Complete Primer

1. What you think you saw had nothing to do with the compass.
If your compass is ever out, what you'll see is that it flies a curve rather than straight and will slowly spiral.
You can go for months without calibrating the compass.
Read this to get an understanding of what compass calibration is all about and when you need to do it.
Compass Calibration, A Complete Primer
So no chance of flyaways from not regularly calibrating the compass?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

So no chance of flyaways from not regularly calibrating the compass?
There's very little chance of a P3 ever flying away and not unnecessarily calibrating the compass won't make your P3 fly away.
However, giving it a bad calibration could contribute to something that some flyers might mistakenly think was a flyaway.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4