compass calibration

Reaction score
So, I havent used the P1.1.1 in over 2 years. Finally installed the doodad (forgot the proper name) that links the Phantom to the Tx.
Anyways, now I can't get the compass to calibrate. Do the whole dance, but get the constant red flashing lights after I'm done.
Any ideas, anyone?

So does it fly normally now?

Unfortunately, no.
I did get one short good flight, where I was testing it. Flew around a bit (while attached to a string), then hit the failsafe switch, and it came and landed perfectly.
Then I got it to go back up, and it started to act all wonky again. But after reading other posts, I think it was because I didn't properly execute a proper restart. There's a procedure to end the failsafe, and I didn't do that.
So next time out, I will try all this again.

This sounds interesting. Haven't actually flown after RTH I think, but keeping this in mind for the future. The "procedure" would be turning the switches up, disconnect and reconnect the battery? What else.

Btw, I once got into trouble teminating the RTH during the ascend (I hit the switch accidentally on the ground). It just came down quickly, couldn't fight it with the throttle until it bounced off the ground and went into bushes, so to say (that may also be due to fact I had proper gains for 9" props and just had replaced back to 8", so it didn't stabilize).

During the fly towards home part I've toggled myself out of RTH without problem. It was the right switch, flip it a few times. And now I realize I never really remember the compass calibration and home position record - which one of the switches?! Also.... if I replace IOC mode channel for something else, how to... well, I'll figure it out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20